Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

mihamiha

Handball 2018 Discussion Thread

rybak    433
26 minut temu, dareza napisał:

Gabon-Algeria 26:25 :yikes:

@bestmen not helped them, so, they lost...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VolleyRuller96    166
11 minutes ago, rybak said:

@bestmen not helped them, so, they lost...

Not surprising. @bestmen is their best men, so of course they lose since he is currently posting on totallympics.

• Haha 1

MHSN    261
7 hours ago, vlad said:

Men's Asian Champ. 2018: Qatar 58 - 14 New Zealand:lol: Second half ended 31-3 :yikes::wacko:

not a big surprise :d Actually South Korea not beating Bangladesh with the same margin surprised me more ! they lost only 46-20 and how the hell Bangladesh managed to score 20 goals on them ?! :yikes:

the 1st round is quite useless and shameful, look at the tomorrow matches. all 6 matches will be heavily one-sided. with at least 10-20 goals difference, probably much more.

I think 6 teams are competing for 4 World Cup slots, Qatar, Bahrain, Iran, Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia.

bestmen    842

good slap   , they will finish in the 4th Pos and meet Egypt in 1/4 :lol:

the money thieves 

Edited by bestmen

Agger    369

While 3 continental championships are going on, it seems like the great leader of handball, the dear dr. Hassan Mousafa, is moving the sport slightly more in his own favour. 

Apparently messing with the number of votes at the IHF congress and apparent exclusion from a meeting in the IHF counsil are his latest ideas, which seem to lead to the Pan-american federation being broken into 2 federations (against their will).

Sadly there aren't much chance of getting him out of office as he pretty much controls the African federation and his lovely allies, the presidents of the Asian federation control those votes.

De_Gambassi    262
il y a 9 minutes, Agger a déclaré:

While 3 continental championships are going on, it seems like the great leader of handball, the dear dr. Hassan Mousafa, is moving the sport slightly more in his own favour. 

Apparently messing with the number of votes at the IHF congress and apparent exclusion from a meeting in the IHF counsil are his latest ideas, which seem to lead to the Pan-american federation being broken into 2 federations (against their will).

Sadly there aren't much chance of getting him out of office as he pretty much controls the African federation and his lovely allies, the presidents of the Asian federation control those votes.

Democracy and international federation, such a marvellous mix.

hckosice    1,706

Slovakia just received a wild card for the Womens U18 World Championships this summer in Poland. Apparently because of reducing amount of Asian participating countries the quota was returned to Europe and given to the first non-qualified team, SVK. 

source in svk from our Handball federation website http://www.slovakhandball.sk/article/5a61dfcba1707e010054ab01

MHSN    261
4 hours ago, Agger said:

I'm sure you know more about Handball in general but I don't think he is a good friend of Asian Handball president. he is from Kuwait and IHF always looking for a reason to ban Kuwait (rightfully though) . you guys probably still remember what happened in 2008 Olympics qualifier.

and I have to say Asian Handball was a joke until few years ago 2009/2010 when IHF finally forced them to use European referees for crucial matches.

of course half of Asian countries are happy with this and support the current IHF.

Agger    369
19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm sure you know more about Handball in general but I don't think he is a good friend of Asian Handball president. he is from Kuwait and IHF always looking for a reason to ban Kuwait (rightfully though) . you guys probably still remember what happened in 2008 Olympics qualifier.

and I have to say Asian Handball was a joke until few years ago 2009/2010 when IHF finally forced them to use European referees for crucial matches.

of course half of Asian countries are happy with this and support the current IHF.

I must admit that the latest analysis of the situation in the IHF that I've read was from the beginning of 2015. It may have changed since then, but he still has good support outside Europe and America. At least I feel pretty sure that Al-Shaabi still has his back.

But remember that the main critics after the named match, Christer Ahl, was thrown out of the IHF shortly after.

The problem is that it's pretty easy to "buy" votes by promising countries that barely have any players that they will get more money.

But nowadays that apparently isn't enough for him which the case with the Pan-American federation shows.

bestmen    842

tsss they won with very low level , byebye the WC

bestmen    842

LOL they were in lead since the beginning and finally they finish by equality ,this team is bizarre

i hope that Egypt will defeat Angola