website statistics

Handball 2018 Discussion Thread

mihamiha

While 3 continental championships are going on, it seems like the great leader of handball, the dear dr. Hassan Mousafa, is moving the sport slightly more in his own favour. 

Apparently messing with the number of votes at the IHF congress and apparent exclusion from a meeting in the IHF counsil are his latest ideas, which seem to lead to the Pan-american federation being broken into 2 federations (against their will).

Sadly there aren't much chance of getting him out of office as he pretty much controls the African federation and his lovely allies, the presidents of the Asian federation control those votes.

il y a 9 minutes, Agger a déclaré:

While 3 continental championships are going on, it seems like the great leader of handball, the dear dr. Hassan Mousafa, is moving the sport slightly more in his own favour. 

Apparently messing with the number of votes at the IHF congress and apparent exclusion from a meeting in the IHF counsil are his latest ideas, which seem to lead to the Pan-american federation being broken into 2 federations (against their will).

Sadly there aren't much chance of getting him out of office as he pretty much controls the African federation and his lovely allies, the presidents of the Asian federation control those votes.

Democracy and international federation, such a marvellous mix.

Slovakia just received a wild card for the Womens U18 World Championships this summer in Poland. Apparently because of reducing amount of Asian participating countries the quota was returned to Europe and given to the first non-qualified team, SVK. 

source in svk from our Handball federation website http://www.slovakhandball.sk/article/5a61dfcba1707e010054ab01

4 hours ago, Agger said:

I'm sure you know more about Handball in general but I don't think he is a good friend of Asian Handball president. he is from Kuwait and IHF always looking for a reason to ban Kuwait (rightfully though) . you guys probably still remember what happened in 2008 Olympics qualifier.

and I have to say Asian Handball was a joke until few years ago 2009/2010 when IHF finally forced them to use European referees for crucial matches.

of course half of Asian countries are happy with this and support the current IHF.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm sure you know more about Handball in general but I don't think he is a good friend of Asian Handball president. he is from Kuwait and IHF always looking for a reason to ban Kuwait (rightfully though) . you guys probably still remember what happened in 2008 Olympics qualifier.

and I have to say Asian Handball was a joke until few years ago 2009/2010 when IHF finally forced them to use European referees for crucial matches.

of course half of Asian countries are happy with this and support the current IHF.

I must admit that the latest analysis of the situation in the IHF that I've read was from the beginning of 2015. It may have changed since then, but he still has good support outside Europe and America. At least I feel pretty sure that Al-Shaabi still has his back.

But remember that the main critics after the named match, Christer Ahl, was thrown out of the IHF shortly after.

The problem is that it's pretty easy to "buy" votes by promising countries that barely have any players that they will get more money.

But nowadays that apparently isn't enough for him which the case with the Pan-American federation shows.