Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
thiago_simoes

Artistic Gymnastics 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen    703
Posted (edited)

and Gold for the national team :clap:

they defeated Egypt

180511111425342320.jpg

Bronze for women

180511111726923450.jpg

Edited by bestmen

thepharoah    212
Posted (edited)

Does anyone have scores of the 1st day of World cup in Croatia ?

Edited by thepharoah
  • Like 1

Gianlu33    726

The Osjeke Challenger Cup will be show in live at 13 CET on HRT 2... @dcro you know where i can find a streaming?

dcro    2,090
2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The Osjeke Challenger Cup will be show in live at 13 CET on HRT 2... @dcro you know where i can find a streaming?

Stream on HRT? There is no such thing. :lol:

• Haha 1

hckosice    1,434

First ever win for SVK in a Artistic Gymnastic competition ?

• Like 1

thiago_simoes    136
Posted (edited)
18 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

First ever win for SVK in a Artistic Gymnastic competition ?

I was looking for this topic so I could tag you and literally ask this question, and then I saw your comment. :lol:

Certainly first gold medal ever for Mokošová, but what about Samuel Piasecky? He competed for over 10 years, so I guess there's a good chance he must have won gold at some point. 

EDIT: If the automatic translation is right, the article on Slovak Wikipedia about Piasecky states he won the gold medal on the parallel bars at the 2006 Maribor World Cup.

Edited by thiago_simoes
  • Like 1

hckosice    1,434
25 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I was looking for this topic so I could tag you and literally ask this question, and then I saw your comment. :lol:

Certainly first gold medal ever for Mokošová, but what about Samuel Piasecky? He competed for over 10 years, so I guess there's a good chance he must have won gold at some point. 

EDIT: If the automatic translation is right, the article on Slovak Wikipedia about Piasecky states he won the gold medal on the parallel bars at the 2006 Maribor World Cup.

Yes, you are right, Piasecký won in 2006 a World Cup event, so it should be the 2nd ever win in a international let say semi-major event. but clearly it´s the biggest success of SVK women´s gymnastics since the independence

• Like 1

thiago_simoes    136
2 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

Yes, you are right, Piasecký won in 2006 a World Cup event, so it should be the 2nd ever win in a international let say semi-major event. but clearly it´s the biggest success of SVK women´s gymnastics since the independence

Nice achievement. Slovakia has come a long way since Ivana Kováčová and Mária Homolová. Mokošová is much better and it's possible for her to reach the all-around final at the World Championships.

• Like 1

hckosice    1,434
3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Nice achievement. Slovakia has come a long way since Ivana Kováčová and Mária Homolová. Mokošová is much better and it's possible for her to reach the all-around final at the World Championships.

That would be certainly huge. She already made it at the Europeans and European Games, the WCh and OG AA Finals are her big dreams, But there still a lot of work to do for her to achieve that. From what I noticed she is a very humble and hardworking girl, but sometimes at big events struggling mostly mentally, but it´s a typical and common issue among Slovak athletes, the lack of mental coaches in our small teams is IMO one of the main reason why our athletes fails often at big events, even if they are very well physically trained and prepared.

• Like 1

thiago_simoes    136
3 horas atrás, mrv86 disse:

For those who could be interested (@thiago_simoes) here's livestream for the 2018 Jr Pan Am Championships

Thank you! 

Once more a disappointing competition for female Brazilian gymnasts. I knew their level was a lot lower compared to the girls from 2014, but their results are much worse than I expected.