website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2018 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

Celine van Gerner and Eythora Thorsdottir both won't compete at the world champs due to injury.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Barbora Mokošová will miss the World Champs in Qatar due to injury, such a shame, she was definitely in shape for a All-Around final :(

there still a small chance, but the medical staff said it´s too much risky, one wrong move and she will miss the whole next year because of surgery, so really there no need to risk everything now. She had a awesome season, as first ever Slovak gymnast she won the overall Balance Beam World Challenge Cup ranking even before the last stage this weekend in Paris, she´ll ofc obviously miss

Anyway better this year than the next one, when the Tokyo qualification is scheduled

Officials from the Korea Gymnastics Association (KGA) have said they consider to send a unified Korean gymnastics team at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. 

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2018/09/27/0702000000AEN20180927006300315.html

14 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

then they should compete in all sports together or in noone :p

I would normally agree, but in this case I think every small step is a good one :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would normally agree, but in this case I think every small step is a good one :p 

Except that in this case it isn't a small step, but rather a corny soap opera/publicity stunt directed by IOC. All style no substance.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Except that in this case it isn't a small step, but rather a corny soap opera/publicity stunt directed by IOC. All style no substance.

Still less annoying than the mixed events horsecrap.

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, but chances are we will see a distorted medal table if we have :KOR and :PRK in some sports and :COR in others.

Having :IOC for any entity winning medals is annoying enough as it is.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

then they should compete in all sports together or in noone :p

At least in Team sports, they can compete separately Individually, but I agree that when it comes to team sports it’s all together or not at all.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela