website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

39 minutes ago, LDOG said:

As far as i understand Morocco is the favorite to win, purely because of the number of votes they are supposed to have.

I have heard and read the opposite 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Here in Arab media most of people in media say that the North American bid is the favorite , especially after Trump threatened countries that will vote against the American bid , geographically Morocco guarantees African votes and the North American side guarantees both Concacaf and Conmebol votes , in Asia i think the US side is much more favored , Japan , korea , gulf countries will all vote for the US side , and ofc they have the power to convince others to do so , in Europe i think it's not really obvious which side European nations will go , at least France and Russia support Morrocan bid but will they convince others to do so , overall i think the North American bid will win 

Edited by thepharoah

Morocco got 2.7 \5  of bid scoring the lowest one while the rest got 4 

according to fifa because Morocco needs to build 8 new stadium + hôtels 

also Africa hosted recently in 2010 

so USA  will win this as many african countries will vote for ,after the Trump speech 

Edited by bestmen

This FIFA congress is just amazing :lol:

"Morocco is one of the safest countries in the world," says bid leader, Moulay Hafid Elalamy. This is according to international and American organisations, we are told, and then there is a shot across the bow at their rival over gun crime. "All weapons are banned in Morocco," he says.

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

This FIFA congress is just amazing :lol:

"Morocco is one of the safest countries in the world," says bid leader, Moulay Hafid Elalamy. This is according to international and American organisations, we are told, and then there is a shot across the bow at their rival over gun crime. "All weapons are banned in Morocco," he says.

I guess also the most free country....in their words :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Here in Arab media most of people in media say that the North American bid is the favorite

Well, that's what the bookmakers say as well, so they are indeed the favorite :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meh, although both options were 'meh' in my opinion so anyway :p