Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen    709

in live :NED 0-0 :ITA 

the match of loosers

bestmen    709

:cool:women football after years of crash finally :ALG is qualified to the African cup 2018 which is qualifying to the WC  

match of the 2nd round

:ALG 3-1 :ETH 

:ETH 2-3 :ALG

Dragon    208
Posted (edited)

In the Soccer Aid charity match in Manchester

England 3 Rest of The World 3

England won 4-3 on penalties

The actor David Harewood (Homeland, Supergirl) saved 2 penalties in the shoot out before Haydn Christensen (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Star Wars) missed the deciding penalty

Juan Veron, Clarence Seedorf and Robbie Keane scored for the world team. Micheal Owen, Darren Bent and freestyle footballer Jeremy Lynch for England.

Usain Bolt and Mo Farah played against each other.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

bestmen    709

selfie in the Ethiopian stadium :lol:

35077169_1948849951832212_17389240679242

intoronto    309

Tomorrow the 2026 World Cup will be awarded. Its clear which bid is better but I hope it loses :d

Gianlu33    738
Adesso, intoronto ha scritto:

Tomorrow the 2026 World Cup will be awarded. Its clear which bid is better but I hope it loses :d

I think that (sadly) Morocco haven't chance... The North American bid will win without problems

LDOG    452

As far as i understand Morocco is the favorite to win, purely because of the number of votes they are supposed to have.

Olympian1010    59
39 minutes ago, LDOG said:

As far as i understand Morocco is the favorite to win, purely because of the number of votes they are supposed to have.

I have heard and read the opposite 

thepharoah    217
Posted (edited)

Here in Arab media most of people in media say that the North American bid is the favorite , especially after Trump threatened countries that will vote against the American bid , geographically Morocco guarantees African votes and the North American side guarantees both Concacaf and Conmebol votes , in Asia i think the US side is much more favored , Japan , korea , gulf countries will all vote for the US side , and ofc they have the power to convince others to do so , in Europe i think it's not really obvious which side European nations will go , at least France and Russia support Morrocan bid but will they convince others to do so , overall i think the North American bid will win 

Edited by thepharoah

bestmen    709
Posted (edited)

Morocco got 2.7 \5  of bid scoring the lowest one while the rest got 4 

according to fifa because Morocco needs to build 8 new stadium + hôtels 

also Africa hosted recently in 2010 

so USA  will win this as many african countries will vote for ,after the Trump speech 

Edited by bestmen

Gianlu33    738

This FIFA congress is just amazing :lol:

"Morocco is one of the safest countries in the world," says bid leader, Moulay Hafid Elalamy. This is according to international and American organisations, we are told, and then there is a shot across the bow at their rival over gun crime. "All weapons are banned in Morocco," he says.

heywoodu    2,399
5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

This FIFA congress is just amazing :lol:

"Morocco is one of the safest countries in the world," says bid leader, Moulay Hafid Elalamy. This is according to international and American organisations, we are told, and then there is a shot across the bow at their rival over gun crime. "All weapons are banned in Morocco," he says.

I guess also the most free country....in their words :p