website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

:champion:CD Guadalajara (Chivas) :MEX won a penalty shootout (4-2) to beat Toronto FC and add the Concacaf Champions League trophy.

This is their second CONCACAF Champions trophy (first in 1962), but the first in the Champions League-Era.

A 2-1 Toronto FC victory Wednesday night meant the teams were level at 3-3 on aggregate. The match went directly to a penalty shootout. All four Chivas kicktakers, Oswaldo Alanis, Jose Godinez, Alan Pulido and Angel Zaldivar, converted. Toronto FC midfielder Jonathan Osorioand Michael Bradley missed their kicks. 

Guadalajara will represent CONCACAF at 2018 Club World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

How little must this title mean for mexican teams that mrv86 didn't even make a comment about it.

Well for me it means a lot, since it's the team I support.

If I didn't said anything was because a CONCACAF tournament will not receive too much attention in general.

10 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Trump posted few hours ago one twitt against Morocco to host the WC 2026 :lol:

here

180427114627433394.jpg

"If you don't support our World Cup bid, we won't support you at the United Nations!"

Bribery at the highest level. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

big drama in Italy in Juventus vs. Inter match , an early goal by Juve verified by VAR then a red card for Inter in the first 15 minutes , another goal for Juve denied by VAR , then a crazy 2nd half Inter ties and leads 2-1 after an own goal by Barzagli and keeps the lead until 87th minute , when Juve scores 2 goals in 2 minutes by Cuardado and Higuain and become very much closer to win their 7th consecutive title in Serie A 

Edited by thepharoah

Legia Warszawa won Polish Cup, defeating Arka Gdynia 2-1.

This apparently caused big joy  in Luxembourg, as one of their NT players appeared in the game playing for Legia, therefore achieving the biggest success in football for their country since over 25 years :d

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk