website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Well they are smart, the timezone is perfect for their fans!

No, I think something "obscure" happened last week when we played :MAR  in a friendly test match. :p I assume the Moroccan lobbying worked effectively. I started to suspect it already when their fans didn´t booed or whistled our anthem (which is a common thing from N-African fans before every international match) so maybe they said them, let them, and be polite, they will vote for us :d plus, I see that Estonia was the next and last Moroccan opponent before the WC and also did voted for them as one of the few Europeans

38 minutes ago, bestmen said:

for the first time 3 countries will host

this is cheating so usa mexico and canada are qualified :crazy:

I guess it doesn't matter for a WC in which for the first time there will be 48 teams. :lol:

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

No, I think something "obscure" happened last week when we played :MAR  in a friendly test match. :p I assume the Moroccan lobbying worked effectively. I started to suspect it already when their fans didn´t booed or whistled our anthem (which is a common thing from N-African fans before every international match) so maybe they said them, let them, and be polite, they will vote for us :d plus, I see that Estonia was the next and last Moroccan opponent before the WC and also did voted for them as one of the few Europeans

The Dutch federation said they'd vote for Morocco as well, I'm expecting something 'obscure' having happened behind the scenes there as well to win this vote that a ton of people were kind of angry about :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I really wanted Morocco to win, I hate smaller countries are basically blacklisted from hosting major sporting events. Morocco could have done it for sure, and if FIFA was really worried about scandals or controversy, then why did they give Russia the World Cup. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela