website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

So, there are around 190 nations to which Portugal could have lost last monday. From all of those, they chose to lost against the country I live in, The Netherlands :lol::lol::lol:

However, i was surprised by the reactions when i went to work today, as apparently nobody cared about it (while if it was in Portugal, it would be a whole day conversation topic hahaha)

24 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Are you predicting the future? :d (i'm assuming you mean Portugal since it's the only of those teams who will go to the world cup haha)

Thanks for explaining the joke :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

So, there are around 190 nations to which Portugal could have lost last monday. From all of those, they chose to lost against the country I live in, The Netherlands :lol::lol::lol:

However, i was surprised by the reactions when i went to work today, as apparently nobody cared about it (while if it was in Portugal, it would be a whole day conversation topic hahaha)

Well yeah, it's a friendly match, why would anybody really care? :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Agora, heywoodu disse:

Well yeah, it's a friendly match, why would anybody really care? :lol:

well, it's 3-0, and it's not all the time they play together so always a good excuse for some (friendly) mocking and all that.

But maybe that's my portuguese mentality thinking, used to live in a country where football is (unfortunately) bigger than almost anything else happening..... 

Just now, kungshamra71 said:

well, it's 3-0, and it's not all the time they play together so always a good excuse for some (friendly) mocking and all that.

But maybe that's my portuguese mentality thinking, used to live in a country where football is (unfortunately) bigger than almost anything else happening..... 

It's often the same here, although in recent years it hasn't been going well, and like anything in life: when it doesn't go well, interesting falls off :d 

3 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Thanks for explaining the joke :p 

haha i thought you had just mistaked "world" for "euro" champions, that's why i joked back :p

still, i can easily bet that for both teams, judging on our team playing, that title is a miracle hahaha

Some interesting stuff in the qualifying for the Euro U21, U19 and U17 tournaments today. Huge day for Kosovo: the U21 kept Germany at 0-0 and they're still very much in the running to qualify, whereas Kosovo U19 actually beat Slovakia in their last match, ending in 3rd in their group.

In the same U19 qualifying, the crazy group kept being crazy: Germany beat the Netherlands 4-1, after the Dutch beat the Norwegians 6-1 and the Norwegians went on to beat the Germans 5-2. Germany failed to qualify though, because Norway beat Scotland in a crazy way: 4-2 Scotland with ten minutes to go, when Norway clawed back to 4-4 and in the injury time Erling Haland scored the 5-4 from a penalty, his 4th goal of the match :bowdown: