website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Not quite, as it will serve as a second chance for non allready qualified nations.

The pathway is kind of complicated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying_play-offs

Yes, but isn't the Nations League finished before the normal qualifying is finished? In other words, no nation is qualified yet during the Nations League Finals? 

And even with that Wikipedia page I still don't know the main thing: which 4 nations will get the 4 available tickets for Euro 2020 via the Nations League? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 1 minute, heywoodu a déclaré:

Yes, but isn't the Nations League finished before the normal qualifying is finished? In other words, no nation is qualified yet during the Nations League Finals? 

And even with that Wikipedia page I still don't know the main thing: which 4 nations will get the 4 available tickets for Euro 2020 via the Nations League? :d 

If I get it right, we would only know the teams entering these play off matches only once the regular qualification phase is over, which is a year after the Nations League will be over :toast:

1 minute ago, De_Gambassi said:

If I get it right, we would only know the teams entering these play off matches only once the regular qualification phase is over, which is a year after the Nations League will be over :toast:

Wonderful idea! 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yep, just checked:

"The top four ranked teams that do not qualify for UEFA EURO 2020 will enter a play-off in March 2020, with one finals place on offer."

Which is good for those big teams that surprisely dont qualify for the final phase (like Italy and Netherlands this year), they get a second chance 

La 1/23/2018 la 12:54, heywoodu a spus:

This is quite the suprise, Brisbane Roar being kicked out by a Philipines team. Bookmakers gave them odds of 30+ to win :d 

UqGiYPC.png

I wanted to bet 50 euros on Ceres, but I didn't....I'm so stupid:facepalm:

1 minute ago, vlad said:

I wanted to bet 50 euros on Ceres, but I didn't....I'm so stupid:facepalm:

Because you liked the name? Or what kind of inside info did you have? :p 

The last four EURO 2020 places will be won through the European Qualifiers play-offs, which will take place in March 2020 and which will be contested by the 16 UEFA Nations League group winners. (4 winner of league A , 4 winner League B, 4 winner League C and 4 winner League D)

If a group winner has already qualified via the European Qualifiers, then their spot will go to the next best-ranked team in their league

The European Qualifiers for UEFA EURO 2020  (March -November 2019) will be ten groups with the top two teams in each group qualifying automatically (20 place), and the other 4 places being awarded to European Qualifiers play-off winners, in which the 16 group winners of the UEFA Nations League will be in contention.

Acum 2 minute, heywoodu a spus:

Because you liked the name? Or what kind of inside info did you have? :p 

Haha no :p I wanted to bet on them because the football in that part of the world is unpredictable and everything can happen :d

Luckily Germany and France will have tired legs from the World Cup, we should be able to steamroll right over them, I'm going for 3-0, 4-0, 3-1 and 5-0 wins :cool: