website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Il y a 11 heures , heywoodu a déclaré:

Their official Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Morocco2026_EN

Also, their plans include an 'open and welcome' tournament and, interestingly, 'in a country where everyone is accepted' (their words). Trololol. 

Craziest thing ? They do stand a chance ! This time, it's up to each FAs to vote and they will do for very selfish reason (time zone, proximity, they don't like like blonde president with smal hands, etc.) and not for the best bid (which is not the one whithout an official website yet...).

I assume, Marocco will get most of the african and european votes. Then, it's wild open.

32 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Craziest thing ? They do stand a chance ! This time, it's up to each FAs to vote and they will do for very selfish reason (time zone, proximity, they don't like like blonde president with smal hands, etc.) and not for the best bid (which is not the one whithout an official website yet...).

I assume, Marocco will get most of the african and european votes. Then, it's wild open.

The only good thing is that whenever I see videos from the atmosphere in Moroccan stadiums, it's absolutely fantastic. So there's that. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 2 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

The only good thing is that whenever I see videos from the atmosphere in Moroccan stadiums, it's absolutely fantastic. So there's that. 

That, if you look at the Casablanca's clubs (Wydad & Raja).. For the other clubs, not so much.

I guess if you're a white elephant lover, you should support Marocco 2026. They're going to (and they allready do) building the most wonderull white elephants ever.

il y a 11 minutes, kungshamra71 a déclaré:

here are the League A groups for the UEFA Nations League

SpAqk4AnSDKfiU6MO0NBhA.png

I think that, apart from group 2, we can expect some amazing games!

I didn't think much of this new competition up to today, but, it actually looks quite exciting ! The final four will be a nice throwback of the early euro championships too.

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I didn't think much of this new competition up to today, but, it actually looks quite exciting ! The final four will be a nice throwback of the early euro championships too.

I know there are 4 tickets for Euro 2020, they go to the winners of the 4 divisions? So basically this whole division A (with all top nations) get's one ticket, just like division D (with all 'worst' nations)? That's just stupid :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wait, no, the four group winners of League A will go to the Nations League Finals, so I suppose those 4 will get the Euro 2020 tickets?

il y a 1 minute, heywoodu a déclaré:

I know there are 4 tickets for Euro 2020, they go to the winners of the 4 divisions? So basically this whole division A (with all top nations) get's one ticket, just like division D (with all 'worst' nations)? That's just stupid :d 

Who cares about euro qualification anyway ? With 24 teams, it's a given for top teams nowadays. Oh wait... :p

Seriously, I do think this new competition could stand on its two feet and become a new genune international competition to cheer for.

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Who cares about euro qualification anyway ? With 24 teams, it's a given for top teams nowadays. Oh wait... :p

Seriously, I do think this new competition could stand on its two feet and become a new genune international competition to cheer for.

:d 

Yes I think so too, but I'm trying to figure out how a nation can qualify for Euro 2020 from the 2018/19 Nations League. I know there are 4 available tickets, but not sure who gets them:

Option 1 --> The four League winners (so one from League A, B, C and D)

Option 2 --> The four teams in the Nations League Finals (meaning four League A teams)

Option 2 would by far make more sense, but I'm not sure. 

il y a 1 minute, heywoodu a déclaré:

Option 1 --> The four League winners (so one from League A, B, C and D)

Not quite, as it will serve as a second chance for non allready qualified nations.

The pathway is kind of complicated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying_play-offs