website statistics

Fencing 2018 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33

2 minuti fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

4th event in a raw whitout medals in women's foil :facepalm:Give me back Vezzali :p

and there was only Volpi in quarterfinals (Errigo and Mancini lost their respective round #1 assaults)...:yikes:

women's foil is going through a really deep crisis...and who knows when (if) we're able to get back to the old glory days...:facepalm:

among the men, instead, we have Cassarà vs Meinhardt (USA, who defeated Foconi in the round of 16) and Trani (who defeated Garozzo 15-14 in the previous round) vs Kruse (GBR) in the quarterfinals (actually both matches should be over since quite a while, but the Chinese live scoring website is not so "live" and doesn't have the QTRs results yet)...

not to mention, the never-working streaming...:facepalm::wall:

FIE...:redcard::thumbdown::spank:

24 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

4th event in a raw whitout medals in women's foil

3rd.

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

and there was only Volpi in quarterfinals (Errigo and Mancini lost their respective round #1 assaults)...:yikes:

among the men, instead, we have Cassarà vs Meinhardt (USA, who defeated Foconi in the round of 16) and Trani (who defeated Garozzo 15-14 in the previous round) vs Kruse (GBR) in the quarterfinals 

Also Luperi vs Imboden in the quarterfinals.

But the Italian Federation should have a word with Errigo for next season, it's clear that competing at the highest level in 2 weapons is not possible anymore.

8 minuti fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

3rd.

Also Luperi vs Imboden in the quarterfinals.

But the Italian Federation should have a word with Errigo for next season, it's clear that competing at the highest level in 2 weapons is not possible anymore.

yes, you're right...I just forgot to add that...:facepalm:

Errgo is no longer a competitive athlete in any weapon...she has to reset her mind before taking any decision about her future and possibily our NF should help her to do it (but I guess that everything's gone with the Rio blowout...she's never been the same anymore after that shameful event)...

p.s. I don't know if it's just me, but live scoring and streaming are KO once again...:facepalm::wall:

why they still go to China? it's always the same story with them!

anbd this year we also have the World Champs there...:facepalm::wall:

all Foil GP results updated (finally!)...

men's Team Sabre also updated (Gold Medal Match set to start @ 3.30 p.m. CET, but they're a bit late with the program...the Bronze Medal match is still running)...

Live Streaming here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNY9gFCcig

Edited by phelps

Women's Individual Epee (Cali, COL)

Final Results:

Gold: Emese Szasz-Kovacs (HUN)

Silver: Courtney Hurley (USA)

Bronze: Federica Isola (ITA) & Auriane Mallo (FRA)

Semifinals:

Szasz-Kovacs b. Isola 15-10

Hurley b. Mallo 15-9

Gold Medal Match:

Szasz-Kovacs b. Hurley 15-11

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Yesterday's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2018/95/results/rank

Men's Individual Epee (Cali, COL)

Final Results:

Gold: Yannick Borel (FRA)

Silver: Jung Byeung Chan (KOR)

Bronze: Park Sang Young (KOR) & Daniel Jerent (FRA)

Semifinals:

Borel b. Park 15-14

Jung b. Jerent 15-11

Gold Medal Match:

Borel b. Jung 15-10

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Yesterday's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2018/113/results/rank

Edited by phelps

First podium finish for one of our most promising youngsters, Federica Isola among the girls, meanwhile second shameful performance in a row for the boys (no one beyond the round of 32)...

I'm really scared of what's happening to our men's Epee team, after they did so well in the recent past (Rio 2016 team Silver above all)...

Next weekend (women's Sabre in Tunisia) will be the last World Cup weekend in the 2017/2018 season...not to be missed, especially the Individual Finals on Saturday night (21.30 local time, 22.30 CET) @ the wonderful Roman Theatre in Carthage...:yikes::bowdown:

2 minuti fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

Cool, we have naturalized  Park Sang Young? :p

ops...my mistake, obviously...:yikes::facepalm::red:

I'm gonna fix it immediately...;)

p.s. however, it would be nice, considering our current scary situation...:p

Edited by phelps