website statistics

Equestrian 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

15 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

That's terrible really, how can there be such a huge difference?

Looking at the score sheet, she didn't go above 8.0 for any movement, while everyone else gave some 8.5-9.0. She also gave a lot of 7s compared to 8s from others, so eventually it racks up. It's consistent low scoring.

I guess it was it a combination of not praising good work and searching for mistakes where there aren't any...  :dunno: Probably related to Kasey being an underdog...

Spoiler

Part of the score sheet...

image.png.997505e9c992e1846bf51a15c8f844d1.png

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

il y a 2 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

Looking at the score sheet, she didn't go above 8.0 for any movement, while everyone else gave some 8.5-9.0. She also gave a lot of 7s compared to 8s from others, so eventually it racks up. It's consistent low scoring.

I guess it was it a combination of not praising good work and searching for mistakes where there aren't any...  :dunno:

Cacher le contenu

If she was consistently harsh on all riders then that would be at least something, but she was much more generous with others it seems.

Am 21.7.2018 um 15:39 schrieb dcro:

I guess it was it a combination of not praising good work and searching for mistakes where there aren't any...  :dunno: Probably related to Kasey being an underdog...

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Do german fans have to worry about eventing and dressage? Surprisingly jumping was the best event for Germany in Aachen and the german team looked more than vulnerable in eventing/dressage. Where are Sprehe, Rothenberger, Auffahrt and Jung? Would you still call the german eventing team (Jung, Auffahrt, Krajewski, Hoy/Klimke) favorites for the WEG and what about the dressage team?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

28 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Do german fans have to worry about eventing and dressage? Surprisingly jumping was the best event for Germany in Aachen and the german team looked more than vulnerable in eventing/dressage. Where are Sprehe, Rothenberger, Auffahrt and Jung? Would you still call the german eventing team (Jung, Auffahrt, Krajewski, Hoy/Klimke) favorites for the WEG and what about the dressage team?

Dressage team looks quite fine. Rothenberger withdrew from Aachen due to slight infection that Cosmo got. He should be safe for Tryon, where he could as well take both team and individual golds. It's similar with Werth who withdrew Weihegold from Aachen and entered Emilio/Bella Rose instead (Bella Rose is finally back after 3.5 years!). Sprehe withdrew Desperados from both German championships last month and now Aachen, so I'd say she's probably out of it. But she may not be needed as Rothenberger, Werth, Langehanenberg + one of Schneider/von Bredow-Werndl should be big favorites.

As for eventing, I don't think Germany is the favorite at this point. Jung is having a poor season (already 2017 was quite poor for his standards). Klimke could be the best, though she had a refusal in Aachen. Krajewski has some good wins this season (Bramham, German championships, Aachen), but she is yet to do anything at the championships. Aside from those three, there isn't much depth in German eventing. I doubt Sandra Auffarth will be going, as these days it seems like she is mainly building a team of younger horses. Kai Ruder looked good in recent times, but not so much in Aachen. Hoy has decided not to chase team selection anymore at the start of 2018.

#banbestmen

vor 4 Stunden schrieb dcro:

Dressage team looks quite fine. Rothenberger withdrew from Aachen due to slight infection that Cosmo got. He should be safe for Tryon, where he could as well take both team and individual golds. It's similar with Werth who withdrew Weihegold from Aachen and entered Emilio/Bella Rose instead (Bella Rose is finally back after 3.5 years!). Sprehe withdrew Desperados from both German championships last month and now Aachen, so I'd say she's probably out of it. But she may not be needed as Rothenberger, Werth, Langehanenberg + one of Schneider/von Bredow-Werndl should be big favorites.

As for eventing, I don't think Germany is the favorite at this point. Jung is having a poor season (already 2017 was quite poor for his standards). Klimke could be the best, though she had a refusal in Aachen. Krajewski has some good wins this season (Bramham, German championships, Aachen), but she is yet to do anything at the championships. Aside from those three, there isn't much depth in German eventing. I doubt Sandra Auffarth will be going, as these days it seems like she is mainly building a team of younger horses. Kai Ruder looked good in recent times, but not so much in Aachen. Hoy has decided not to chase team selection anymore at the start of 2018.

Thanks, so indeed a worrying state german eventing is in, you dont think Auffarth will be back for 2020? Dujardin also plans to come back, do you think she will become a dominant force again?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.