website statistics

Equestrian 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

:NED Boekelo Horse Trials are in progress, with the cross-country day coming up tomorrow. Over 50,000 spectators (mixed with rowdy bars and giant inflatable objects) are expected in this apparently one of the biggest annual sports events in the Netherlands.

@heywoodu Were you ever in Boekelo? Or maybe I should rather ask, have you ever heard of this event? :p

I have vaguely heard of Boekelo, but I don't recall ever having heard of this event, no :p 

Apparently there's some local news about the 'Military Boekelo', but nothing on main websites or something. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some 55 riders still to go, and yet the 1st and 2nd place after XC are already decided. :p

Tim Lips leads on 19.2... Incredible score. He quite possibly missed out on an individual medal (or perhaps even gold) by choosing not to compete in Tryon...

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, Agger said:

Betina Jæger needs to find a new horse as Marie Stream Belstaff has been sold.

Well, she is entered with Belstaff for Herning WC this weekend, so I guess it will happen after that? Hopefully it's not a case of late withdrawal for this reason.

But anyway, I guess it's not too surprising, since it's not Danish-owned horse + it's Mane Stream, which apparently does a lot of selling (the only other Mane Stream horse I can remember was also sold after reaching the highest level of dressage)...

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, she is entered with Belstaff for Herning WC this weekend, so I guess it will happen after that? Hopefully it's not a case of late withdrawal for this reason.

But anyway, I guess it's not too surprising, since it's not Danish-owned horse + it's Mane Stream, which apparently does a lot of selling (the only other Mane Stream horse I can remember was also sold after reaching the highest level of dressage)...

Sadly it's withdrawal.

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Mikala Munter Gundersen switched allegiance from :DEN to :USA.

She is the second Danish dressage rider to switch to USA in one year, following Lars Petersen.

I can ultra support them since my last name is Danish (we believe) in orgin

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela