Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
MantaRaymarc

Track Cycling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

JoshMartini007    111

Found it, she got 80 points for her performance at the 2015 African Track Championships, which I assume is an event which gives Olympics points since other nations got points for their 2015 continental champs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,269
6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Found it, she got 80 points for her performance at the 2015 African Track Championships, which I assume is an event which gives Olympics points since other nations got points for their 2015 continental champs

So she is qualified for sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshMartini007    111
5 minutes ago, dcro said:

So she is qualified for sure?

I'm no expert, but unless the Ukraine athlete is missing a result it looks like Egypt qualified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,269
1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'm no expert, but unless the Ukraine athlete is missing a result it looks like Egypt qualified

I imagine that she will not be very competitive in Rio. Her 200m times at African championships were around 15 seconds! But it will be interesting to see I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,269

Here is one more interesting fact about this Egypt's apparent qualification. They have never competed in track cycling at the Olympics, but they did compete in track cycling at the 1906 Intercalated Games. And, interestingly enough, their track cyclist in 1906 (Eugenio Colombani) also competed in wrestling at the same Games. :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sami-eg    8
16 hours ago, dcro said:

Here is one more interesting fact about this Egypt's apparent qualification. They have never competed in track cycling at the Olympics, but they did compete in track cycling at the 1906 Intercalated Games. And, interestingly enough, their track cyclist in 1906 (Eugenio Colombani) also competed in wrestling at the same Games. :d

Actually we qualified before for track cycling in Paris 1924 with 3 cyclists

i'm very happy for Ebtissam , she is a promising player "of couse for Egypt only" and she was fighting alone to serve a quota in road cycling or track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    539

so only one quota for Czech Republic in sprint and two for Colombia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaniSRB    475
13 minutes ago, dareza said:

so only one quota for Czech Republic in sprint and two for Colombia.

Did Colombia get men's team pursuit and women's team sprint? :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,578

Men's Sprint

Qualified Nations:

  • :AUS Australia
  • :AUS Australia
  • :CHN China
  • :COL Colombia
  • :COL Colombia
  • :CZE Czech Republic
  • :FRA France
  • :FRA France
  • :GER Germany
  • :GER Germany
  • :GBR Great Britain
  • :GBR Great Britain
  • :JPN Japan
  • :NED Netherlands
  • :NED Netherlands
  • :NZL New Zealand
  • :NZL New Zealand
  • :POL Poland
  • :POL Poland
  • :RUS Russia
  • :RUS Russia
  • :KOR South Korea
  • :KOR South Korea
  • :ESP Spain
  • :TTO Trinidad and Tobago
  • :VEN Venezuela
  • :VEN Venezuela

 

Total Athletes Qualified  27

Total Nations Qualified  16

 

Edited by hckosice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,578

Men's Team Sprint

Qualified Nations:

  • :AUS Australia
  • :FRA France
  • :GER Germany
  • :GBR Great Britain
  • :NED Netherlands
  • :NZL New Zealand
  • :POL Poland
  • :KOR South Korea
  • :VEN Venezuela

 

Total Athletes Qualified  27

Total Nations Qualified  9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×