website statistics

Track Cycling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Found it, she got 80 points for her performance at the 2015 African Track Championships, which I assume is an event which gives Olympics points since other nations got points for their 2015 continental champs

So she is qualified for sure?

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'm no expert, but unless the Ukraine athlete is missing a result it looks like Egypt qualified

I imagine that she will not be very competitive in Rio. Her 200m times at African championships were around 15 seconds! But it will be interesting to see I guess.

#banbestmen

Here is one more interesting fact about this Egypt's apparent qualification. They have never competed in track cycling at the Olympics, but they did compete in track cycling at the 1906 Intercalated Games. And, interestingly enough, their track cyclist in 1906 (Eugenio Colombani) also competed in wrestling at the same Games. :d

#banbestmen

16 hours ago, dcro said:

Here is one more interesting fact about this Egypt's apparent qualification. They have never competed in track cycling at the Olympics, but they did compete in track cycling at the 1906 Intercalated Games. And, interestingly enough, their track cyclist in 1906 (Eugenio Colombani) also competed in wrestling at the same Games. :d

Actually we qualified before for track cycling in Paris 1924 with 3 cyclists

i'm very happy for Ebtissam , she is a promising player "of couse for Egypt only" and she was fighting alone to serve a quota in road cycling or track