website statistics

Road Cycling 2018 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Right, on to Gent - Wevelgem, 35km to go :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sagan, or one of the 12 apostles?

Never before have there been this many favourites for the Holy Day

DZmiEZEWAAAyaMt.jpg:large

So excited for tomorrow, as so often it has all potential to be the race of the year especially considering the weather predictions say it's gonna be bad weather :woohoo:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sagan, or one of the 12 apostles?

Never before have there been this many favourites for the Holy Day

DZmiEZEWAAAyaMt.jpg:large

So excited for tomorrow, as so often it has all potential to be the race of the year especially considering the weather predictions say it's gonna be bad weather :woohoo:

Oh yeah! Looking forward to it (though my thesis-filled brain doesn't even recognize half the faces, I'm usually pretty good at that :( )

09.30, we're live on Belgian TV, the day has arrived :woohoo:

Started :woohoo:

1 minute ago, Agger said:

fast start as so often before but now we have a break!

I hope they won't take too much of a break because my parents (and sister + her boyfriend) reserved a restaurant....for 17.15, for fuck's sake. Luckily it's only 5 minutes or so cycling from here, so if the Ronde hasn't finished yet when they're going, I'll go a bit later...not gonna miss the final of Vlaanderen to be in time in a restaurant (where there's 2 hours to eat what you want anyway). 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I hope they won't take too much of a break because my parents (and sister + her boyfriend) reserved a restaurant....for 17.15, for fuck's sake. Luckily it's only 5 minutes or so cycling from here, so if the Ronde hasn't finished yet when they're going, I'll go a bit later...not gonna miss the final of Vlaanderen to be in time in a restaurant (where there's 2 hours to eat what you want anyway). 

Damn.

Personally I've turned of the TV for some time to focus on my paper, but I check the live ticker from time to time and will be back for the last 100k or so though it would most likely be in the background.