website statistics

Road Cycling 2018 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Acum 5 minute, heywoodu a spus:

Meanwhile it's sad to read how incredibly deep Jan Ullrich has been sinking. Alcohol, drugs, more alcohol, a divorce, not seeing his children anymore, more alcohol, drugs, more alcohol, violence...he has completely lost touch with reality. According to a friend, he shoots at his TV with an air rifle when watching an action movie, because he thinks he is part of the action, resulting in him buying 2-3 new TV's per week. He was arrested after a fight with his neighbour recently and more recently he was accused of abusing a prostitute and physically assaulting her. 

Apparently he's going for forced rehab now or something like that, but so far he's well on his way to killing himself quickly.

Wow, it's shocking what I have read here. Pitty, he had good skills. About what you wrote in the end, I hope it won't happen...

Just now, vlad said:

Wow, it's shocking what I have read here. Pitty, he had good skills. About what you wrote in the end, I hope it won't happen...

I definitely hope the same, but if I'm not mistaken it's far from the first time he has been in that kind of trouble....I don't remember it being this bad though. Apparently this is a vlog he made yesterday, he looks and sounds like a sick 70-year old...

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Lance Armstrong even went and visited Ullrich in Germany.

Spoiler

Dk5nARYXsAARdKd?format=jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile the Tour de l'Avenir has started, basically the worlds biggest stage race for young riders, with Colombian Ivan Sosa has big, big, huge and even bigger favourite. Today was the second stage and....hurray! Someone thought he won when in fact the lead group of 3 had already finished :lol:

Alberto Dainese of Italy thought the peloton was sprinting for the victory, but they were a bit more than two minutes behind the leaders :p 

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-l-avenir/2018/stage-2

Gonna be interesting in the last and most important stage in Belgium tomorrow. Matej Mohoric is still the leader, but apparently a lot of riders are saying they prefer to see anyone else win because Mohoric is known as someone who is riding....rather dangerous inside a peloton, despite being warned about it over and over again.

https://www.hln.be/sport/wielrennen/peloton-ergert-zich-aan-leider-morgen-iedereen-tegen-mohoric-hij-zal-het-niet-cadeau-krijgen-hij-is-niet-zo-geliefd~a7dadcd5/