website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling 2018 Dicussion Thread

Agger

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, Anne Tauber finished 3rd in Stellenbosch, the first Dutch women's podium since Elsbeth van Rooij-Vink in 2000 :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Results of the 2018 Asian Championships

http://accasia.org/event/24th-asian-mountain-bike-championships

for the first time Iran won two medals in Olympic events here, Silver in men's elite cross-country and bronze in women's elite cross-country. I thought this is a surprising result then I checked the World Ranking and surprisngly Iran is Rank 1 in Asia in both men's and women's elite !! so winning bronze and silver is not a surprise but how come ?! :mumble: cross-country is quite new in Iran . is Asia this weak in CC ?

btw, Faranak Partoazar's bronze medal in Women's CC is the first ever medal won by Iranian girls in an Asian Cycling Senior Championship. I consider this a big achievement because women's cycling is new in Iran and beside that Iranian girls are in disadvantage with those crazy dress codes. I believe winning medals in road and track events are much harder (almost impossible) with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Bull TV commentator is once again claiming that there are 5 (!) people on the mountain bike WC podium...

For crying out loud, just because 4th and 5th stand by the podium does not mean that they are on the podium! :facepalm::mirror:

#banbestmen