Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

VolleyRuller96

Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

leli.    48
On 23/1/2018 at 12:38, De_Gambassi said:

And yet, it was working, The Superlega was turning into a real professionnal league from the bottom to the top. The P&R mantra in Europe is so damn strong...

Some clubs didn't do that right though, it could have been better.. I just hope clubs won't start close again

De_Gambassi    214
il y a 32 minutes, leli. a déclaré:

Some clubs didn't do that right though, it could have been better.. I just hope clubs won't start close again

You"re probably right on that one. But it won't get better. That's what P&R does it best; make clubs switch middle term investissments for short term rewards on the field/floor (and then, you get back to the bankruptcies, closures, sell of licences and all the usals)

• Like 1

leli.    48

Perugia won the men Coppa Italia, with a couple of great performances in the weekend.

De_Gambassi    214

https://lequipe.fr/Volley-ball/Actualites/La-france-accueillera-le-final-six/873598

France will host the Final Six of the first edition of the new World League. They will host it... at Lille Stadium (27,000 seats, host of Davis Cup final, Eurobasket 2015, etc.)

It's a incredible massive step in the dark by the federation (the National Team has filled only 6K, 7K arenas so far). This might bring french volleyball into an all new galaxy.

• Like 1

leli.    48

And Italy's National Teams have changed sponsor: Kinder has been replaced by DHL and these will be the new shirts

maglie-italia-volley-dhl.jpg

La-nuova-maglia-azzurra-696x480.jpg

• Like 1

VolleyRuller96    166

Vital Heynen will be the new coach of Poland National Team in Men's Volleyball. :clap:

Honestly, this was the only good choice PZPS could make. That doesn't mean I am not happy :)For a momment I really thought they will pick Gruszka.

Heynen previously coached, amongst other  Belgium (4th place in last EC) and Germany (3rd place in WC 2014)

DaniSRB    452
2 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Vital Heynen will be the new coach of Poland National Team in Men's Volleyball. :clap:

Honestly, this was the only good choice PZPS could make. That doesn't mean I am not happy :)For a momment I really thought they will pick Gruszka.

Heynen previously coached, amongst other  Belgium (4th place in last EC) and Germany (3rd place in WC 2014)

and he seems as kind person

when i watched Serbia - Belgium, he taught girls who collect  volley balls how to play:D

• Like 1

leli.    48

The Volleyball Nation League (formerly World League) official calendar 

VNL-maschle_gironi.jpg

Edited by leli.
  • Like 2

VolleyRuller96    166

As we know, the men's EuroVolley 2019 will take place between 13 and 30 September in :BEL:FRA , :NED and :SLO and feature 24 teams.

We now also know that the host cities in France will be Montpellier, Nantes and Paris.

VolleyRuller96    166

Also, rumours say that for some reason Czech Republic won't organise the women's eurovolley :( But at the other hand, their place as a host was apparently taken by Slovakia, so it won't be a big deal ;) Also, this is the first time :HUN and  :SVK would host any serious volleyball competition outside the World League :d

So the Hosts of next year's championshis now are supposed to be:

:BEL :FRA :NED:SLO in men's championship

:HUN :POL :SVK :TUR in women's championship. 

leli.    48

This saturday will start the Playoff Scudetto Unipolsai (Men Volleyball), who do you think will win the Italian championship?
I will ask the same for the girls when P.O. will start (17th/18th of March).

Tabellone-Play-off-SL-CL-2018-Milano-6--696x522.jpg

BTW some new rules are going to happen in the Superlega in the next years:
- in 2018/19 Superlega will have 15 teams and 3 relegations; in A2, 28 teams and 2 tournaments
- in 2019/20 there will be 3 championship: Superlega (13 teams, 2 relegations); the serie A2 will be divided into Serie A and Serie A2
- in 2020/21 SUperlega will have 12 teams and 1 relegation; Serie A will have 12 teams and Serie A2 will have two tournaments of 10 teams each
All the teams in the Superlega will have to have teams in Serie B (Junior League Over 17/Under 20); All the teams in serie A2 will have to have a team in Serie C with Under 18.

source

VolleyRuller96    166
23 hours ago, leli. said:

This saturday will start the Playoff Scudetto Unipolsai (Men Volleyball), who do you think will win the Italian championship?
I will ask the same for the girls when P.O. will start (17th/18th of March).

Tabellone-Play-off-SL-CL-2018-Milano-6--696x522.jpg

BTW some new rules are going to happen in the Superlega in the next years:
- in 2018/19 Superlega will have 15 teams and 3 relegations; in A2, 28 teams and 2 tournaments
- in 2019/20 there will be 3 championship: Superlega (13 teams, 2 relegations); the serie A2 will be divided into Serie A and Serie A2
- in 2020/21 SUperlega will have 12 teams and 1 relegation; Serie A will have 12 teams and Serie A2 will have two tournaments of 10 teams each
All the teams in the Superlega will have to have teams in Serie B (Junior League Over 17/Under 20); All the teams in serie A2 will have to have a team in Serie C with Under 18.

source

As far as Italian league goes, I am a huge Modena and Civitanova fan, so my dream final would be between those two clubs :d Sadly one of them will be eliminated in semis :( 

Also I would not complain if a serious surprise would take place ( like in women's Poland Cup where a team from the II division defeated the winners from last year and advanced to semifinal.)

• Like 1