website statistics

Beach Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

and finally, the home heroes got their well deserved triumph in Ft.Lauderdale...

however, both final games were very disappointing, one-sided to say the least...

men's 5* tournament, final results:

3rd place match: Samoilovs & Smedins (LAT) b. Pedro Solberg & George (BRA) 2-0 (21-17, 21-17)

1st place match: Dalhausser & Lucena (USA) b. Nicolai & Lupo (ITA) 2-0 (21-12, 21-17)

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Olympic and world champions, Alison and Bruno have ended their partnership after 4 years playing together.

Any word on a new partner for Alison? By far my favourite beach volleyball player in the world, so I hope he finds a good partner.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Any word on a new partner for Alison? By far my favourite beach volleyball player in the world, so I hope he finds a good partner.

While Bruno already announced he will play with his old partner Pedro Solberg, nothing about Alison yet. I hope he announces something soon.

For those who are interested (@heywoodu), Alison will play with André, which was world champion last year with Evandro - they just won a title in the world tour this past weekend!

This move by André has been seen as pretty shitty and Evandro is clearly pissed (in portuguese).

17 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

For those who are interested (@heywoodu), Alison will play with André, which was world champion last year with Evandro - they just won a title in the world tour this past weekend!

This move by André has been seen as pretty shitty and Evandro is clearly pissed (in portuguese).

What a mess. I think CBV should control that. End the partnership without giving satisfactions or reasons. A pity, the duo was a medal in Tokyo. I hope Evandro gets over this well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

surprising results at the 2nd 5* tournament of the season in Gstaad (SUI)...

the men's Gold medal match will be Herrera/Gavira (ESP) vs Mol/Sorum (NOR), after the Spaniards defeated Nicolai/Lupo (ITA) 2-0 and the Norwegians defeated Crabb/Gibb (USA) 2-1 in the semifinals...

the Bronze medal match is scheduled at 5.15 p.m. CET, the Gold medal match follows not before 6.30 p.m. CET

in the women's division, the semifinals and the finals are scheduled for tomorrow...

the quarterfinals: Agatha/Duda (BRA) defeated 2-1 Larsen/Stockman (USA), Humana-Paredes/Pavan (CAN) won 2-0 against Klineman/Ross (USA), meanwhile the remaining 2 quarters are still to be completed (Hermannova/Slukova, CZE vs Bansley/Wilkerson, CAN and Laboureur/Sude, GER vs Murakami/Ishii, JPN)...

so, also among the girls not your usual top 8 (in part, at least)...

Edited by phelps