website statistics

Baseball 2018 Discussion Thread

phelps

Interesting match :p

royI9kO.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

OMG!!! :yikes:

but who were the pitchers?  :rofl::facepalm:

I'm sure I could have done a lot better...:whistle:

I feel so lucky I didn't watch that...I let you choose the definition you prefer...:zip:

35 runs, that sounds like a lot more fun than those matches with 4-5-6 runs :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 ora fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

35 runs, that sounds like a lot more fun than those matches with 4-5-6 runs :d 

naaaa...I hate the slug fests...I consider myself a "purist" of the game...I definitely prefer the great pitching duels (and the great defensive plays)...

the emotion that a perfect game gives to me is not comparable with any other kind of situation in Baseball (OK, maybe a walk-off grand slam could match that...but that's it)...;)

Edited by phelps

Super Six

Day #4 Results

:BEL Belgium b. :GER Germany 7-6

:ITA Italy b. :CZE Czech Republic 25-10

:NED Netherlands vs :ESP Spain  game stopped after 1 and 1/2 innings on the score of 3-0 for the Netherlands (weather conditions...the game is set to resume later Today @ 3 p.m. CET)

Edited by phelps

Super Six

Day #5 Results

:ITA Italy b. :ESP Spain 8-5

:GER Germany b. :CZE Czech Republic 5-4

:NED Netherlands vs :ESP Spain  12-10

:NED Netherlands vs :BEL Belgium  Game cancelled (bad weather)

Final Standings

:NED Netherlands, 4W - 0L

:ITA Italy, 4W - 1L

:ESP Spain, 3W - 2L

:BEL Belgium, 1W - 3L

:GER Germany, 1W - 4L

:CZE Czech Republic, 1W - 4L

Italy should be safe in the Final Match (scheduled for Tomorrow @ 1.30 p.m. CET), meanwhile Netherlands vs Spain should allow only the winning team to reach 1 of the first 2 spots in the Round Robin standings (and therefore to make it through to the Final match)...

but maybe there's still a mathematical chance for the Netherlands to be within the top 2 teams of the RR also by losing with a very slim margin (I've not done all the required calculations, yet)...:mumble:

Edited by phelps

bad weather played a strong role in these last 2 days of the Super Six tournament...:cry::facepalm:

earlier Today, infact, :NED Netherlands b. :ESP Spain 12-10 after the game was called a day after only 8 innings and, since it became useless for the aim of finding the 2 finalists, NED vs BEL (scheduled for Tonight) has been cancelled...

if the weather conditions will allow the game to be played, Tomorrow (scheduled start @ 1.30 p.m. CET) Italy and Netherlands will play the Gold Medal game, otherwise I think the Netherlands will be declared winner of the tournament based on the Round Robin standings...

Edited by phelps

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

bad weather played a strong role in these last 2 days of the Super Six tournament...:cry::facepalm:

earlier Today, infact, :NED Netherlands b. :ESP Spain 12-10 after the game was called a day after only 8 innings and, since it became useless for the aim of finding the 2 finalists, NED vs BEL (scheduled for Tonight) has been cancelled...

if the weather conditions will allow the game to be played, Tomorrow (scheduled start @ 1.30 p.m. CET) Italy and Netherlands will play the Gold Medal game, otherwise I think the Netherlands will be declared winner of the tournament based on the Round Robin standings...

Maybe early in the morning or somewhere in the evening, but other than that for now it seems to be rain, rain, rain and rain in Hoofddorp tomorrow. I don't know if they play when the rain is not very strong, in that case it might be ok in the afternoon. Kinda wet, but ok.