website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

I don't think that they can win the medal table. By total medals, they don't really have a chance to win 30 or more and i think Norway + maybe 2-3 other nations (Germany, Canada, USA) will do that. By gold, they might, i think the best case for them would be 12 golds here, but i think Germany (7 golds already + possible chances in women's skeleton, 3 x bob, luge team relay, alpine skiing giant slalom, biathlon women's relay, biathlon men's relay, biathlon mixed relay, nordic combined large hill, nordic combined team, ski jumping large hill, ski jumping team, snowboarding women's PGS) + maybe Norway can get there as well.

Women's 500 m: Before the games this was by far the least likely gold for the Netherlands and i think it still is, maybe 10% at best i would say.

Women's 5000 m: I think they will win gold there, don't know who

Women's team pursuit: Hard to say, probably about 50% for gold

Men's/Women's mass start: Impossible to say for me, don't understand it, don't care about it, don't know who the favorites are, but whenever i watched it, i thought that the outcome looks pretty "random".

Men's 500/1000 m: Without the russians, i expect the dutch to win 2 golds

Men's 10000 m: Safe gold

Men's team pursuit: I'd say their chance might even be better than on the women's side, but in the world cup they never take it seriously, so i don't know what they are capable of.

I think 4 golds should be safe + maybe 2 more.

for me Medals table is counted on Gold medals , that's the official one which we can see on the official site and official app , i also see Germany as a clear favorite for 1st place , but Netherlands has all capabilities to finish 2nd here which at the end will be a very big result for them , i agree with u that Netherlands guarantees at least 4 gold medals and I'm predicting that they'll finish with even 11 here + maybe 1 surprise gold medal from Knegt espeically in men's 1000m in short track speed skating

Edited by thepharoah

Big scandal in Dutch speedskating, yay :d 

Jillert Anema, as coach of the French team, asked the Dutch team to go easy in the 1st round of the team pursuit in Sochi, because for financial reasons a big loss for the French would be bad. In exchange, the French would let the Dutch win, so the result would be a small Dutch win: win for the Dutch, and only a small loss (and so no financial trouble) for the French.

This news broke today, and it's all they talk about now. One more reason to hope Jorrit Bergsma (Anema's athlete) won't win :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 14 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Big scandal in Dutch speedskating, yay :d 

Jillert Anema, as coach of the French team, asked the Dutch team to go easy in the 1st round of the team pursuit in Sochi, because for financial reasons a big loss for the French would be bad. In exchange, the French would let the Dutch win, so the result would be a small Dutch win: win for the Dutch, and only a small loss (and so no financial trouble) for the French.

This news broke today, and it's all they talk about now. One more reason to hope Jorrit Bergsma (Anema's athlete) won't win :p 

Well ... I'm surprised the financial support for speed skating in France could be less than what it was (is) at the moment, regardless of the results :)

Good race for Swings, too bad he kinda collapsed 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Belchos started with an incredible pace....one wonders if he's going to end up with 34+ second laps. Although his coach said this morning that he expects a lot from Belchos..possibly a medal. 

Very nice Belchos, sub-13 :cheer:

Absolutely delightful race by Lee :bowdown: