website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Where are you watching that transmission? 

Looks like that comentator is very interesting to listen. :d

Eurosport player.

Though that's actually OBS commentator so he can probably be found on some other streams too.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Eurosport player.

Though that's actually OBS commentator so he can probably be found on some other streams too.

Thanks! 

I quite enjoy videos from London,commentators are from BBC and they are sometimes interesting as a competition itself. Those OBS are usualy boring.

35 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I doubt that they will win women's 500 m, women's team pursuit should also be difficult and let's see about mass start.

We will see , but some people said the same about women's 1000 and 1500 and Netherlands won at the end , I find it kind of interesting if they managed to do this , maybe it'll be the 1st time in history that a country totally dominates an Olympic sport provides more than 5 gold medals , maybe we will see Netherlands tops the medals table at the end 

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

We will see , but some people said the same about women's 1000 and 1500 and Netherlands won at the end , I find it kind of interesting if they managed to do this , maybe it'll be the 1st time in history that a country totally dominates an Olympic sport provides more than 5 gold medals , maybe we will see Netherlands tops the medals table at the end 

They perhaps weren't favorites in 1000m/1500m, but 500m is simply impossible.

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Winning 13 gold medals is still a miracle in a sport supposed to be the athletics of WOG

and that might generate some suspects, too (as if there weren't enough just yet)...:whistle:

Edited by phelps

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

They perhaps weren't favorites in 1000m/1500m, but 500m is simply impossible.

I wouldn't even count Ter Mors out completely in this insane shape (and if Kodaira and to a lesser extent Lee have a bad day of course). But yeah, it's highly unlikely. In the team pursuit I'd say the Netherlands might not be the favourite, but they're certainly a lot closer to Japan than one would have expected a week ago. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Winning 13 gold medals is still a miracle in a sport supposed to be the athletics of WOG

Well, there are also mass starts, they are so unpredictable, probably 15 athletes can win both. Men's 500m is similarly unpredictable.

Also Japan is probably the favorite in women's team pursuit, as they broke WR by about 5 seconds this season. However Dutch were more dominant in women's events here so I guess another Dutch gold should be more likely scenario...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen