Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Felipe

Brazil National Thread

Felipe    29

And to remember: today will be revaled our flag bearer at Opening Ceremony; Robert Scheidt (sailing), Serginho (volleyball) or Yane Marques (modern pentathlon).

Felipe    29

:BRA Yane Marques, porta-bandeira do Brasil nos Jogos Rio 2016 :BRA 

Yane Marques, flag-bearer of Brazil in Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Ya.jpg

2 horas atrás, LDOG disse:

fico surpreendido

is she particularly popular in Brazil?

It's hard to explain. It's not like everybody knows what Modern Pentathlon is, but she's generally well-known and people like her because she's usually graceful and lovely in interviews, and has lots of charisma. She's from the Northeastern part of Brazil, and this region is the poorest area of the country. People from the Northeastern zone see her as a role model, and there was a strong voting campaign there to let her win. I'm very pleased she won. I was rooting for her. 

11 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:
  Gold Silver Bronze Total
Associated Press 11 7 11 29
Gracenote* 8 9 3 20
Sports Illustrated 6 4 10 20
  8.3 6.7 8 23

I'm doing a little compilation of the medals predictions for Brazil so far. The AP prediction is by far the most optimistic at 29 medals, and Gracenote (I believe they'll still update their table) and Sports Illustrated are a tid pessimistic in totals. I believe we should end with something between these numbers, like 23-26 medals. Less than 23 would be disappointing, more than 26 would be great. There's also a BBC projection that doesn't talk about numbers, but give us 20 strong possibilities of medals - so that's one more to the "20 medals" group. All things considered, Sports Illustrated seems the most realistic of them.

Nice work!

I still think we'll end up winning 27 medals or more. It will depend on a lot of factors, but it's definitely possible. I'm a lot more curious, however, about the number of gold medals the Brazilian athletes will earn. Anything less than 3 gold medals would be a total disaster, but I'm not too confident we will reach 6 gold medals or more. This is just too much for the level our athletes are displaying right now. 

Felipe    29
Em 01/08/2016 at 21:32, hukbrazil disse:

Tô rindo demais desse vídeo: 

Spoiler

Hahahaha que tosqueira

Felipe    29

RIO 2016

Brasil :BRA x :CHN China

Futebol Feminino

Estádio Olímpico Nílton Santos - 16h

Provável escalação do Brasil: Barbara; Fabiana, Rafaelle, Mônica e Tamires; Thaisa, Formiga, Andressa Alves e Marta; Cristiane e Beatriz. Técnico: Osvaldo Alvarez o Vadão

Vale destacar: é a 6ª Olimpíada da Formiga, jogou todas as edições desde que o futebol feminino entrou no programa olímpico.

Edited by Felipe

LDOG    264

Guys, I'm really worried about the level of aggressiveness between Argentina and Brazil fans....  brazilians are jeering or booing every argentine athlete (even in the smallest sports) and argentine fans are easy to get in rage mode.

In most sports from what I see it has been good natured and nothing other than chants happened, but yesterday there were fist fights in a tennis match (?). I think the men basketball game could be potentially very dangerous since a decent number of argentines probably have tickets.

vinipereira    177
11 minutos atrás, LDOG disse:

Guys, I'm really worried about the level of aggressiveness between Argentina and Brazil fans....  brazilians are jeering or booing every argentine athlete (even in the smallest sports) and argentine fans are easy to get in rage mode.

In most sports from what I see it has been good natured and nothing other than chants happened, but yesterday there were fist fights in a tennis match (?). I think the men basketball game could be potentially very dangerous since a decent number of argentines probably have tickets.

Not only about argentines, but when I'm watching something and I'm seated in an area with the opponent fans, I try to contain myself a little bit. So far, I haven't seen any fights or heated discussions, so it's a shame to hear this. I will be in the Basketball match, I hope there won't be any incidents.