website statistics

Brazil National Thread

Felipe

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are interested, CBDN will have a live stream on Facebook of the Brazilian cross-country races in Snowland, Gramado, at 8.30 Brazilian time today :d 

https://www.facebook.com/CBDNBrasil

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 months later...

Hello Brazilian friends :d 

I just saw this post by CBDN:

That dude's 15 years old and already finished in the middle of a World Cup stage (not far behind or something, but in the middle)...seriously, that kid's got talent! 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Nominations for Prêmio Brasil Olímpico:

Best Female Athlete:

Martine Grael/Kahena Kunze (Sailing)

Poliana Okimoto (Open Water Swimming)

Rafaela Silva (Judo)

Best Male Athlete:

Isaquias Queiroz (Sprint Canoeing)

Serginho (Volleyball)

Thiago Braz (Athletics)

Grael/Kunze (2014), Okimoto (2013) and Queiroz (2015) have all won Best Athlete before. Silva was nominated before and I believe these are the first ever nominations for Serginho and Braz. They also pick the best athlete for each sport - the complete list is here.

• 3 months later...

Some events are being proposed for Brazil in the next few years following the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics. They are:

Women's Football Under 20 World Cup 2020 (Brazil)
Summer Deaflympics 2021 (Rio)
South American Games 2022 (Rio)
Summer Universiade 2023 (Rio)
Women's Football World Cup 2023 (Brazil)

I don't think Brazil will actually bid for most of them, but one day it would be nice to have a Women's World Cup here.

• 1 month later...

Does any of you happen to be somewhat familiar with the Jogos Regionais? So far I've managed to find out they are held in 8 regions in SP, 4 of which finished earlier this month and the other 4 are happening at this moment. The one I'm interested in is the edition in Lençois Paulista, which seems to be the only one without a Facebook page, so if someone could help me out I'd be grateful :p (and if not, no problem, then I'll just wait a little longer until my friend tells me her results)

I'm mostly interested in today's and tomorrow's cycling races, seeing as Brazil's winter Olympic hopeful will participate in those. Or well, she said she'll go to Lençois today to participate in two cycling races, which I am guessing are in the Jogos Regionais :d 

Edited by heywoodu

• 2 weeks later...
11 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Talvez um bom momento para ressuscitar esse tópico uma vez que isso aconteceu hoje? :d

Gold.png

Foi incrível :p, principalmente por ser dois títulos inesperados. Já dá até uma animação para esse novo ciclo olímpico, pois eu estava duvidoso com as renovações do vôlei.

Triste a situação do Basquete brasileiro!! Nossa seleção feminina acabou de perder de 67-60 para a fraca Ilhas Virgens, não que eu esteja surpreso, mas ainda... E pensar que há não muito tempo atrás, eramos um dos melhores times do mundo. :cry::cry:

Very talented guy for the Winter Paralympics (I'd say the biggest talent Brazil has ever seen in para-XC skiing) and now he even already got silver (and 4th) in the junior para-athletics world championships :)