Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Felipe

Brazil National Thread | Rumo a Tóquio 2020

vinipereira    355

O que acharam da música da Coca Cola com o Luan Santana para as Olimpíadas? Considerando tudo, até que ficou bom.

heywoodu    2,027

If any of you guys live in São Paulo and are interesting in the Brazilian cross-country skiing team (and biathlon), tomorrow they'll have their big physical tests on rollerski's there :p 

I thought it would be on the Pico do Jaraguá like usual, but I just heard they will do it in another place. I'm guessing it will be close to the University, but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, it will be a great and very interesting fight between the old generation with Jaque Mourão and the young generation with Bruna Moura :)

vinipereira    355

Geez, where are the brazilians in this forum? This thread is almost dead.

Let's make some predictions for Rio to shake things up:

Gold medals (5):
Beach Volleyball (Alison Cerutti/Bruno Schmidt)
Gymnastics (Arthur Zanetti)
Sailing (Martine Grael/Kahena Kunze)
Swimming (Ana Marcela Cunha)
Volleyball (Men's team)

Silver medals (7):
Athletics (Fabiana Murer)
Canoeing (Isaquias Queiroz)
Beach Volleyball (Larissa França/Talita Antunes)
Boxing (Robson Conceição)
Football (Men's team)
Judo (Érika Miranda)
Sailing (Robert Scheidt)

Bronze medals (12):
Beach Volleyball (Ágatha Bednarczuk/Bárbara Seixas)
Boxing (Robenilson de Jesus)
Canoeing (Isaquias Queiroz/Erlon Souza)
Handball (Women's team)
Judo (Mayra Aguiar)
Judo (Sarah Menezes)
Judo (Victor Penalber)
Sailing (Fernanda Oliveira/Ana Barbachan)
Taekwondo (Iris Tang Sing)
Tennis (Bruno Soares/Marcelo Melo)
Volleyball (Women's team)
Wrestling (Aline Silva)

It pains me, but Brazil maybe won't win a single medal in Athletics (it all comes down to Murer) AND Swimming (aside maybe from Open Water). 24 medals is my official prediction for this Olympics, but the color of the medals might change - I think we will win 5/6 gold medals.

LDOG    345

^ I'd upgrade to gold: Queiroz, Larissa-Talita, Football, 1 boxer, Miranda and Menezes. And exchange Men's for Women's Vball team. Total 11 gold. Believe me, this always happens with host nations.

Also I'd add as either silver or bronze Shooting pistol and one Swimming pool medal (don't know exactly who, but one will come for sure). And Ditch from the list Taekwondo.

vinipereira    355
5 horas atrás, LDOG disse:

^ I'd upgrade to gold: Queiroz, Larissa-Talita, Football, 1 boxer, Miranda and Menezes. And exchange Men's for Women's Vball team. Total 11 gold. Believe me, this always happens with host nations.

Also I'd add as either silver or bronze Shooting pistol and one Swimming pool medal (don't know exactly who, but one will come for sure). And Ditch from the list Taekwondo.

Taekwondo is my "wild" guess, but it could be Shooting.

I would like to think that Brazil will be THAT good, but I just don't see it, simply because we aren't a top sport nation like previous hosts. The best comparison for us is Greece, I think. They went from 13 medals (4G 6S 3B) in Sydney to 16 (6G 6S 4B) at home. Similarly, Brazil will improve from London, but not that much. I expect 7 medals more than the 17 we achieved in London, and 2/3 more golds.

There may be a surprising medal in women's artistic gymnastics (Flávia Saraiva on the balance beam, or maybe Rebeca Andrade in the individual all-around), and also in modern pentathlon (Yane Marques).

I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

vinipereira    355

I'm loving the new Globo ads featuring sports that might give us medals:

The most intriguing for me is the video that combines Athletics and Modern Pentathlon, two sports that might gives us medals but not necessarily. They feature Murer, Braz and Wagner Domingos (perhaps the most surprising name) for Athletics and Yane for Pentathlon.

Felipe    32

At least, seems Globo will give much more attention to the Olympics, i expect the best coverage from them, not thing like Bandeirantes, but a thing like Record did in London.

(did we must talk only in english? :d)

heywoodu    2,027
On 7/13/2016 at 07:52, vinipereira said:

Wagner Domingos (perhaps the most surprising name) 

Wagner Domingos is arguably one of the 2-3 best medal chances for Brazil in athletics :p