website statistics

Luge at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

One of the more annoying things of the Olympics: not having the usual commentators. I really miss FIL's commentator, who actually has some nice background info usually, instead of this one on the Player who just says "it's his Xth Olympics, he's in the green, in the red now". 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bigger question though: is that his accreditation around his neck? I've never noticed some 'thing' being there before. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One of the more annoying things of the Olympics: not having the usual commentators. I really miss FIL's commentator, who actually has some nice background info usually, instead of this one on the Player who just says "it's his Xth Olympics, he's in the green, in the red now". 

I remember the London 2012 Rowing commentator. He was talking about the Slovenian rower, kept calling him "Slovakian" (not Slovak as well) and said "He's very popular in Bratislava".

Aye, I bet he is

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Awful results by the Germans yet again. Surely they're not using old sleds or something? How else would you test the track at competition speed?

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Awful results by the Germans yet again. Surely they're not using old sleds or something? How else would you test the track at competition speed?

to me, they only used their competition's sleds in runs 3 (when Loch destroyed the field) and today in the first of the 2 runs (and Loch was still there among the best...trying to hide himself as much as he can, though)...

however, I hope that the night competition runs (with colder and dryer track than in the morning/afternoon training runs) won't give them theur usual technological advantage...

looking at the Italians, now I'm really afraid that we're going to have some huge disappointment...K-Fisch is starting to feel the pressure and raising his times, D-Fisch is too inconsistent, Rieder just ain't got the talent...

I guess it's gonna be Loch vs Kindl vs Repilov for the medals...:cry::facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

I still find it odd to have that many runs with non-competition sleds, just to 'hide'. I mean, personally I'd think getting as many runs as possible in at actual competition speed is more important than hiding yourself.. 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I still find it odd to have that many runs with non-competition sleds, just to 'hide'. I mean, personally I'd think getting as many runs as possible in at actual competition speed is more important than hiding yourself.. 

I guess they're already so experienced that they don't need so many runs to "read" the track perfectly (especially when the training runs are not in the same conditions as the competition's ones)...:mumble:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I guess they're already so experienced that they don't need so many runs to "read" the track perfectly (especially when the training runs are not in the same conditions as the competition's ones)...:mumble:

Also I've heard from some lugers that their equipment is so advanced that it allows them to have bad positions on sleds and still win... Just compare Geisenberger and Britcher for example.

#banbestmen