website statistics

Luge at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Switzerland niminated only 1 female athlete (Martina Kocher) despite having two quotas. If  I am not wrong that means debut for Croatia in Luge at the Olympics (Daria Obratov)

:clap:

Now it's confirmed. :cheer:

Very happy for her. She was like the first reserve in both 2010 and 2014, and this time it almost finished in the same way. Thankfully it didn't!

#banbestmen

I recommend we could start put together the team rosters for major Luge nations. What I have for the moment:

Italy was already mentioned here

USA

Singles: West, Mazdzer, Morris (M)  // Britcher, Hamlin, Sweeney (W)

Doubles: Mortensen/Terdiman, Krewson/Sherk

Canada

S: Edney, Malik, Watts (M) // Gough, Apshkrum, McRae (W)

D: Walker / Snith

Austria

S: Egger, W. Kindl, X (M, last to be decided after Lillehammer) // Prock, Platzer, Egle (W)

D: Penz/Fischler, Steu/Koller

Germany

S: Loch, Langenhan, Ludwig (M) // Geisenberger, Eitberger, Huefner (W)

D: Eggert/Benecken, Wendl/Arlt

Could anyone put here some info on Latvia? Did not find anything recent on their federation site, even in Latvian :d

Any info on the composition of the Russia / OAR team? One can know for sure that T. Ivanova will not be included due to her Olympic ban, but nothing else

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Markus Prock selected his daughter (what a shock). I wonder if he will also select one of the Gleirschers (sons of his long time team mate).

Conflict of interest? What is that?! :p

It's still the best decision. I mean, not necessarily this team, but I'd definitely select Prock as well (I'd go for Kastlunger instead of Egle though).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, dcro said:

Markus Prock selected his daughter (what a shock). I wonder if he will also select one of the Gleirschers (sons of his long time team mate).

Conflict of interest? What is that?! :p

You have a point, but in such a small sport this cannot be avoided entirely. In order to completely avoid conflict of interest for example, in case of Germany, Norbert Loch would be forced to exclude Felix Loch from his team which is kind of counter-productive :d
Other route is what the Americans have done, that is, make the selection dependent in 100% on results at X world cup races or a separate national selection race.
Agree with heywoodu on Kastlunger though.

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It's still the best decision. I mean, not necessarily this team, but I'd definitely select Prock as well (I'd go for Kastlunger instead of Egle though).

Prock competed at a grand total of 3 WC races this season, and entered top 15 only once. She hardly proved anything...

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Prock competed at a grand total of 3 WC races this season, and entered top 15 only once. She hardly proved anything...

Yet she beat Kastlunger in the last two of them. Kastlunger hardly proved she should be selected instead of Prock as well, when looking at it from the other side. Not sure if maybe they've had some internal race as well. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...