website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

2024 additional sports to be announced by 2019 :cheer:

I hope they don't add almost anything (maybe just Squash, taking mixed doubles and team events off table tennis, tennis and badminton to make room for it), but they make huge adjustments to the 2020 program...

Il y a 2 heures , hckosice a déclaré:

Any chance to return the C2 back to the canoe slalom program in Paris 2024 ? France as one of the lead countries in this may have a word in it, no ?

That's not really up to the host city to choose that, but the IOC, right ? Sure they might try to push a bit for that to happen, but I don't see the IOC dropping its gender equality policy nor expanding the canoeing program anytime soon...

Il y a 2 heures , phelps a déclaré:

I hope they don't add almost anything (maybe just Squash, taking mixed doubles and team events off table tennis, tennis and badminton to make room for it), but they make huge adjustments to the 2020 program...

Squash, Climbing, Surfing and Karate thick to many boxes to be passed on IMHO. Besides, every time the question was asked, they always answered like multiple sports were on the table anyway.

I assume, we will see a similar number of extra sports and events than in Tokyo.

Edited by De_Gambassi

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

That's not really up to the host city to choose that, but the IOC, right ? Sure they might try to push a bit for that to happen, but I don't see the IOC dropping its gender equality policy nor expanding the canoeing program anytime soon...

Squash, Climbing, Surfing and Karate thick to many boxes to be passed on IMHO. Besides, every time the question was asked, they always answered like multiple sports were on the table anyway.

I assume, we will see a similar number of extra sports and events than in Tokyo.

Squash instead of baseball is possible.

il y a 39 minutes, Dragon a déclaré:

Squash instead of baseball is possible.

It's much more than possible.

On a very side note, I'd never realized that the IOC had actual candidate cities bidding to host the freaking ioc cession. Bids that feature former top athletes, politicians, videos about nothing, ackward and pointless speeches. The whole package !

Sounds crazy to me .

Edited by De_Gambassi

• 1 year later...

Looks like a mayoral candidate in Paris is pushing for a referendum and cancelling of the 2024 olympics, there was a survey done that showed 62% of the surveyed people are in favor of cancelling the 2024 olympics.

Obviously it happened before, and obviously it's still a longshot, however it's still a pretty scary outcome if now cities will start reconsidering after they are awarded

4 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Looks like a mayoral candidate in Paris is pushing for a referendum and cancelling of the 2024 olympics, there was a survey done that showed 62% of the surveyed people are in favor of cancelling the 2024 olympics.

Obviously it happened before, and obviously it's still a longshot, however it's still a pretty scary outcome if now cities will start reconsidering after they are awarded

if that's the prize to pay to get rid of that fuckin' break dance, I'm fine with it...even the complete cancellation of the entire IOC and of the Olympics...

break dance at the Olympics? the Olympics are DEAD...they no longer exists to me...:yikes::pope::bones:

in case you ask me? yes, this morning I woke up with the wrong foot...