Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Retired Athletes Thread (2018)

vinipereira    781
3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I really dislike her personality. I will not miss her. At all. 

Seriously? In a sport full of athletes I can't personally stand, she was one of the few I really really liked.

heywoodu    2,238
Just now, dcro said:

Skeleton = random retirements + random comebacks.

She'll be back.

In about 2 years? :bounce:

Agger    282

Marcus Hellner is next in line in cross-country skiing.

Dmitry    32

Russian volleyball player Sergey Tetyukhin who played 46 matches at six Olympic Games (1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze medals and 2 4th places) finished his career.

18 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Seriously? In a sport full of athletes I can't personally stand, she was one of the few I really really liked.

The  thing is she used to be a lot vocal about getting a second gold medal at the Olympics. I can't forget her face and attitude when she turned to the camera after the last point was scored in the final match and kept saying "cala a boca" (shut up) instead of being humble and celebrating like a real champ. 

vinipereira    781
21 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

The thing is she used to be a lot vocal about getting a second gold medal at the Olympics. I can't forget her face and attitude when she turned to the camera after the last point was scored in the final match and kept saying "cala a boca" (shut up) instead of being humble and celebrating like a real champ. 

I don't think a moment should define her carreer, but honestly, if there was a moment where she shouldn't be humble, it was that. Remember, the situation needs to be put in context. After barely qualifying in the first stage, the team got a LOT of crap from Volleyball fans, which (frankly) the team didn't deserve. So after coming back from nothing to win a gold medal, I think it was more than fair to say a few harsh words for the people who didn't believe in them.

intoronto    293

:CAN Hillary Caldwell, swimmer, bronze medalist in Rio

Майкл    292

:ITA Roberta Vinci is retiring next week in Rome

hckosice    1,314

Slovak 2 times Olympian 2012 and 2016 Katarína Listopadová (Swimming) at only 25 decided yesterday to retire. Her biggest success remains the bronze medal at the Summer Universiade in Korea.

hckosice    1,314

and unfortunately the rumors proved to be true...one of the best Ice hockey players in the history of Slovakia Marián Hossa has been forced to announce his definitive retirement, even if he still have 3 years contract with the Chicago Blackhawks, serious health issues forced him to officially close his career..:cry:https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/337721/je-to-definitivne-marian-hossa-sa-uz-na-lad-nevrati-stahuje-sa-na-slovensko/?AT=wgt.article_clanok-najcitanejsie.c.x...B.

Thank you Legend ! for everything you did for our hockey and for our country.

Marián Hossa tribute :cry:

• Sad 1

rybak    366

:POL Karol Bielecki (handball) retired today :( Thanks for everything Kola!