website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

I honestly thought he had retired a while ago...didn't see much (or remember much at least) of him after that one year where he had absolutely insane times in the first 2 months of the year.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

One-day fly Four hill fly Thomas Diethart has retired.

http://www.fis-ski.com/ski-jumping/news-multimedia/news/article=thomas-diethart-announces-his-retirement.html

Still unbelievable that I saw him win the 4 hill tournament live in Bischofshofen and after that he had a 4th, 6th, 8th and 9th place in the next two months as only other top-10 results of his career :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Anna Fernstädt (skeleton), only 21 years and the reigning world junior champion..

https://www.facebook.com/annafernstaedt/posts/987957661363589

:NZL Andrew Nicholson's Nereo was retired today. One of the greats.

List of achievements:

2012 Olympics - Team Bronze, Individual 4th

2010 World Equestrian Games - Team Bronze, Individual Bronze

Badminton Horse Trials - 1st (2017), 3rd (2013)

Burghley Horse Trials - 2nd (2011, 2013, 2016)

Les Etoiles de Pau - 1st (2012)

Completed thirteen 4-stars.

#banbestmen

1 hora atrás, vinipereira disse:

:BRA Fabi Oliveira (Volleyball), 2-time Olympic champion, announced her retirement after the end of brazilian league last week.

My favorite athlete of my favorite sport. That sad. It will be sad to watch volleyball without it.  :cry: :cry:

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

Why?

She doesn't really say.