Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Retired Athletes Thread (2018)

heywoodu    2,024
7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

French biathletes Marie Dorin and Jean-Guillaume Béatrix.

The sport I'm most nervous about in terms of retirements. At least Laura Dahlmeier has said she won't retire yet, so that's a load off my mind :d

konig    260

Ailen Valente :ARG, who participate in Rio 2016 in Artistic Gymnastic, announced her retirement.

Finnator123    54

:FIN   Aino-Kaisa Saarinen(Cross Country skiing) & Hannu Manninen (Nordic Combined)

Janne Ahonen (Men's ski jumping) is going to retire as well, but he said about Ahonen jumping in 2022. I'm pretty sure it's his son, but who knows :d Gonna have to wait the confirmation lol 

Werloc    673

Julia Ransom for Team Canada is also retiring from Biathlon.

Also, Eurosport commentator mentioned that Tim Burke and Lowell Bailey are retiring as well.

• Sad 1

heywoodu    2,024
1 minute ago, rybak said:

:POL Konrad Niedźwiedzki (speed skating) retired as well :(

Yep, he said he wanted to experience the world champs in a full Olympic stadium first and then retire. Sort of a cult hero :d 

heywoodu    2,024
25 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Julia Ransom for Team Canada is also retiring from Biathlon.

Also, Eurosport commentator mentioned that Tim Burke and Lowell Bailey are retiring as well.

That was entirely expected, as he already was planning to retire after 2015/16, but came back for one more Olympics (and then won that incredible world title in Hochfilzen). 

rybak    313
2 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Yep, he said he wanted to experience the world champs in a full Olympic stadium first and then retire. Sort of a cult hero :d 

He said lately that don't have more motivations for hard trainings as he don't see anymore chances for good results considering his age and can't be to his highest level after accident in summer :/

Also after last biathlon world cup stage in Tyumen Weronika Nowakowska will retire, but I mentioned about this already many times :d 

Werloc    673
26 minutes ago, rybak said:

Also after last biathlon world cup stage in Tyumen Weronika Nowakowska will retire, but I mentioned about this already many times :d 

I've heard that Gwizdon and Palka (Guzik, habits die hard) might retire as well or are these just rumours?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this