website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

and unfortunately the rumors proved to be true...one of the best Ice hockey players in the history of Slovakia Marián Hossa has been forced to announce his definitive retirement, even if he still have 3 years contract with the Chicago Blackhawks, serious health issues forced him to officially close his career..:cry:https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/337721/je-to-definitivne-marian-hossa-sa-uz-na-lad-nevrati-stahuje-sa-na-slovensko/?AT=wgt.article_clanok-najcitanejsie.c.x...B.

Thank you Legend ! for everything you did for our hockey and for our country.

Marián Hossa tribute :cry:

23 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

and unfortunately the rumors proved to be true...one of the best Ice hockey players in the history of Slovakia Marián Hossa has been forced to announce his definitive retirement, even if he still have 3 years contract with the Chicago Blackhawks, serious health issues forced him to officially close his career..:cry:https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/337721/je-to-definitivne-marian-hossa-sa-uz-na-lad-nevrati-stahuje-sa-na-slovensko/?AT=wgt.article_clanok-najcitanejsie.c.x...B.

Thank you Legend ! for everything you did for our hockey and for our country.

Marián Hossa tribute :cry:

one of my favourite players, even if he never played for teams I like...

I wish him all the best for his next challenges...

by the way, after the shameful ending of the Hockey Worlds' Prediction Contest, I'm also going to announce my retirement from this kind of competitions...:yikes:

I'm tired of being joked every time by people who don't know Hockey as I do...:rofl::facepalm:

I never gonna expose myself once again...:evil::bye:

Also another Olympic legends finished their careers

The Pavol and Peter Hochschorner Brothers retired officially after they did not made it throughout the National team for the upcoming European championships (the very last ever C2 canoe slalom competition before the event will be definitively dismissed)  

3 Times Olympic champions 2000, 2004 and 2008 + bronze medalists in 2012 in the canoe slalom C2

7 times world champions, 3 times WCH silver medalists and 3 times WCh bronze medalists

8 times European champions, 4 times silver medalists and 2 times bronze medalists

12 times overall World cup winners

Sydney 2000

Athens 2004

Beijing 2008

19 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, after the shameful ending of the Hockey Worlds' Prediction Contest, I'm also going to announce my retirement from this kind of competitions...:yikes:

I'm tired of being joked every time by people who don't know Hockey as I do...:rofl::facepalm:

I never gonna expose myself once again...:evil::bye:

Apparently they know ice hockey better than you do :whistle:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!