website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

Just now, dcro said:

Mesotitsch, Graf, another Claude, Heywoodu. Sounds reasonable. Much like Lahaye-Goffart, you will start the final leg of relay with at least a minute of lead. :yes

If the rollerskiing with my girlfriend last month is any indication, I should be able to hold on to that one minute lead for at least 62 seconds.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

The steady horse wins the race.

Well, shit.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I love how the IOC say they care about ‘gender equality’, yet they neglect to add:

Women’s Nordic Combined

Synchronized Skating

Women’s Team Ski Jumping

Heck, they could’ve even done something with luge or bobsleigh.

Instead, they add a bunch of random mixed events that do nothing to add more women. Or even to make for a new format, except perhaps the one in snowboardcross. Nothing.

Are they retarded?

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

8 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I love how the IOC say they care about ‘gender equality’, yet they neglect to add:

Women’s Nordic Combined

Synchronized Skating

Women’s Team Ski Jumping

Instead, they add a bunch of random mixed events that do nothing to add more women. Or even to make for a new format, except perhaps the one in snowboardcross. Nothing.

Are they retarded?

Yes, they are. However:

Look again :p They added a whole new women's event (that's not even 'a thing' yet apart from youth competition, but ok, I guess we'll be seeing women's monobob in the World Cup from now on, surely otherwise it wouldn't have been added so rapidly?)

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, they are. However:

Look again :p They added a whole new women's event (that's not even 'a thing' yet apart from youth competition, but ok, I guess we'll be seeing women's monobob in the World Cup from now on, surely otherwise it wouldn't have been added so rapidly?)

Yeah but that doesn't count. :p 

Well, really, it'll just be the same pilot athletes going again. I doubt it'll actually add more women to the Games.

13 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah but that doesn't count. :p 

Well, really, it'll just be the same pilot athletes going again. I doubt it'll actually add more women to the Games.

I'm curious if it'll be mostly the same pilots actually, since it's a whole different game.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'm curious if it'll be mostly the same pilots actually, since it's a whole different game.

In four-man and two-man, there's quite a bit of overlap. I imagine it'd be similar in this case. But, you never know. Bobsleigh isn't my most knowledgeable sport, haha

D'you reckon I should try and get this published?

Want More Women in the Olympics_ Mixed Events Aren’t the Answer. .pdf

3 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

In four-man and two-man, there's quite a bit of overlap. I imagine it'd be similar in this case. But, you never know. Bobsleigh isn't my most knowledgeable sport, haha

D'you reckon I should try and get this published?

Want More Women in the Olympics_ Mixed Events Aren’t the Answer. .pdf

I wouldn't know where one might get this published, but I definitely like it. Although I don't agree with everything, by the way. My opinion on women's Nordic combined is clear I think (it should be added at some point, but 2022 is way too early considering there's not even a decently filled Continental Cup yet, let alone a World Cup), and any women's bobsleigh event (monobob or 4-woman, no difference in that) should only be added after several years of World Cup races. Also, adding two women's ice hockey teams, sure, but not when it costs quotas for other events. Just have 46 more athletes at the Games, it's not a problem. Takes like a half building extra.