website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2017 - 2018

Sindo

18 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

It seems that Antholz will count for Olympic qualification, but I am not sure about it

crnkovic made today his best point (79), if antholz does not count not enough. 

Wait, so if Antholz does count then Crnković's current result would be enough?

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wait, so if Antholz does count then Crnković's current result would be enough?

I think if Antholz counts, that means he might have another chance :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I think if Antholz counts, that means he might have another chance :p 

Well, then the current biathlon qualification system literally sucks. :p

Last time around everyone was given reallocations (for example Hungary in men's field and Moldova in women's). Crnković is so much more competitive than those!

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, then the current biathlon qualification system literally sucks. :p

Last time around everyone was given reallocations (for example Hungary in men's field and Moldova in women's). Crnković is so much more competitive than those!

Well yeah, but when the system was announced (like two years ago), I already said the absence of reallocations was very worrying and incredibly shitty. If unused quotas would be reallocated, Jill Colebourn of Australia might still have a chance (a bit of a long-shot, but still). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bad result from Beatrix ...

Jacquelin will compete in Antholz as well as Simon Fourcade. If they achieve a top-20 they'll qualify for the Olympics as substitute, otherwise the remaining spot(s) will be filled according to the results of each athlete at the European champs. 

Kind of trials, I like it :p

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well yeah, but when the system was announced (like two years ago), I already said the absence of reallocations was very worrying and incredibly shitty. If unused quotas would be reallocated, Jill Colebourn of Australia might still have a chance (a bit of a long-shot, but still). 

Would she really have a chance though? I think I remember that there was an Australian biathlete that had a quota for Sochi, but Australia did not let her participate and she ended her career. Or did I get this all wrong and it was a girl from New Zealand?

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Would she really have a chance though? I think I remember that there was an Australian biathlete that had a quota for Sochi, but Australia did not let her participate and she ended her career. Or did I get this all wrong and it was a girl from New Zealand?

I'm 99,99% sure that was Sarah Murphy of New Zealand. In fact, I had forgotten about that, but now that I see her name, I'm entirely sure :p

The Australians are very much focussed on getting their athletes at the Olympics, I can't imagine they have extra standards (I can ask her later out of curiousity, but I don't think so). 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'm 99,99% sure that was Sarah Murphy of New Zealand. In fact, I had forgotten about that, but now that I see her name, I'm entirely sure :p

The Australians are very much focussed on getting their athletes at the Olympics, I can't imagine they have extra standards (I can ask her later out of curiousity, but I don't think so). 

I remember reading that story and felt crushed :(

Just now, Werloc said:

I remember reading that story and felt crushed :(

Yep, awful. If Norway has that kind of standards, alright, but New Zealand? Come on..