Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
vinipereira

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2017

dareza    345

and btw Chile won two world medals this years (one in wrestling and one in weightlifting) and both guys are from Cuba. LOOOOOL

thepharoah    54
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Possible, but not under his current name by IWF (otherwise he would be listed on their website I suppose) :p 

I am kidding ofc , but it's possible some athletes change their names when they join another country 

heywoodu    1,177
8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I am kidding ofc , but it's possible some athletes change their names when they join another country 

Well and it's weightlifting, a 2 or 4 year absence is rather easily explained :p 

• Haha 1

thepharoah    54
49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well and it's weightlifting, a 2 or 4 year absence is rather easily explained :p 

well we won't wait too long let's see 

Dragon    59
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

In his 3rd ever competition and his first since 2013 (when he was a junior and lifted 151kg)......... :p 

He was due to compete at the Bolivarian Games last month but didn't it seems

Became Chilean in July

Edited by Dragon

thepharoah    54

Men's -94 Kg was by far the best weight category here in Anaheim , new WR for C&J and Total for :IRI Sohrab Moradi with 233 Kg and total of 417 Kg to break his own record by 4 Kilos , 19 years old :QAT Fares Hassouna former Egyptian , won silver in C&J with 220 Kg , 20 years old :UZB Farkhodbek Sobirov won silver in snatch with 183 Kg 

MHSN    127

Moradi wasn't stupid to start with 230 or something while he only needed 220 to secure the gold in first place and then he broke the WR twice . :) great result for him, he wanted to break this CJ record for a long time.

and also that was a bit surprising bronze medal for Mousavi, he could beat Didzbalis for the silver but still bronze is very good for him.

and Rostami can go to hell now :d

MHSN    127
7 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Men's -94 Kg was by far the best weight category here in Anaheim , new WR for C&J and Total for :IRI Sohrab Moradi with 233 Kg and total of 417 Kg to break his own record by 4 Kilos , 19 years old :QAT Fares Hassouna former Egyptian , won silver in C&J with 220 Kg , 20 years old :UZB Farkhodbek Sobirov won silver in snatch with 183 Kg 

Did he ever compete for Egypt ? I was wondering since IWF database has no history of that, but he is such a great weightlifter and also a nice guy.

he made a big mistake in his CJ attempt, that last attempt didn't change anything for him.. 3 more kilos would put him in bronze medal position but luckily for Mousavi he went for 220.  even though 220 looked like his max for today but he had to try 223 for the bronze.

thepharoah    54
Just now, MHSN said:

Did he ever compete for Egypt ? I was wondering since IWF database has no history of that, but he is such a great weightlifter and also a nice guy.

he made a big mistake in his CJ attempt, that last attempt didn't change anything for him.. 3 more kilos would put him in bronze medal position but luckily for Mousavi he went for 220.  even though 220 looked like his max for today but he had to try 223 for the bronze.

he took part in some youth tournaments , but when his Father a former Egyptian international lifter went coach Qatar in 2014 he took him , few months later he broke YWR in Qatar international tournament in men's -77 Kg , but i must admit that he wouldn't have boomed like this if he stayed here