Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
vinipereira

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2017

heywoodu    1,173

Live stream fails when the snatch is being decided, showing only the scoreboard instead of the lifts :facepalm:

rybak    217

Zwarycz on 4th place with the same result as third Antonio Pizzolato, will we have our first medal? Let's pray :pope::fingers: (He is former doper too :lol:)

• Haha 1

heywoodu    1,173
14 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

WOW ! Rostami lost gold in Snatch to Arley Mendez of Chile who lifted 175 kg , can he also challenge him in C&j :mumble:

In his 3rd ever competition and his first since 2013 (when he was a junior and lifted 151kg)......... :p 

heywoodu    1,173

Rostami opening 8kg under his WR, that might not have been the best move ever..? 

heywoodu    1,173
1 minute ago, dareza said:

Well done Rostami and Iranian coaches. Well done.

He almost seemed sort of injured or something. I mean, I know about the visa thing, but still.

thepharoah    53
39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In his 3rd ever competition and his first since 2013 (when he was a junior and lifted 151kg)......... :p 

Maybe he was banned :d

heywoodu    1,173
Just now, thepharoah said:

Maybe he was banned :d

Possible, but not under his current name by IWF (otherwise he would be listed on their website I suppose) :p 

• Like 1

thepharoah    53

Rostami looked tired , surprised by Chile guy I don't know , but the Visa application process must have affected him badly 

MHSN    127
26 minutes ago, dareza said:

Well done Rostami and Iranian coaches. Well done.

Coach ? that idiot works ALONE, he doesn't want a coach, he thinks he doesn't need a coach and even in past when he has a coach he showed he doesn't listen to the coach,

the whole week he was talking about his knee injury, he claims he can't even walk and blah blah and yet he started the competition wtih 212 !!! while he just needed 205 to challenge the Cuban guy for the gold.

Rostami is a jerk and despite being angry I'm somehow happy he lost here, I hate him more than any other Iranian athlete for the reasons I talked about here before. but yeah he already has excuses about this. injury, visa, earthquake in his hometown. blah blah

Edited by MHSN
  • Like 1