website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2017

vinipereira

Men's -94 Kg was by far the best weight category here in Anaheim , new WR for C&J and Total for :IRI Sohrab Moradi with 233 Kg and total of 417 Kg to break his own record by 4 Kilos , 19 years old :QAT Fares Hassouna former Egyptian , won silver in C&J with 220 Kg , 20 years old :UZB Farkhodbek Sobirov won silver in snatch with 183 Kg 

Moradi wasn't stupid to start with 230 or something while he only needed 220 to secure the gold in first place and then he broke the WR twice . :) great result for him, he wanted to break this CJ record for a long time.

and also that was a bit surprising bronze medal for Mousavi, he could beat Didzbalis for the silver but still bronze is very good for him.

and Rostami can go to hell now :d

7 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Men's -94 Kg was by far the best weight category here in Anaheim , new WR for C&J and Total for :IRI Sohrab Moradi with 233 Kg and total of 417 Kg to break his own record by 4 Kilos , 19 years old :QAT Fares Hassouna former Egyptian , won silver in C&J with 220 Kg , 20 years old :UZB Farkhodbek Sobirov won silver in snatch with 183 Kg 

Did he ever compete for Egypt ? I was wondering since IWF database has no history of that, but he is such a great weightlifter and also a nice guy.

he made a big mistake in his CJ attempt, that last attempt didn't change anything for him.. 3 more kilos would put him in bronze medal position but luckily for Mousavi he went for 220.  even though 220 looked like his max for today but he had to try 223 for the bronze.

Just now, MHSN said:

Did he ever compete for Egypt ? I was wondering since IWF database has no history of that, but he is such a great weightlifter and also a nice guy.

he made a big mistake in his CJ attempt, that last attempt didn't change anything for him.. 3 more kilos would put him in bronze medal position but luckily for Mousavi he went for 220.  even though 220 looked like his max for today but he had to try 223 for the bronze.

he took part in some youth tournaments , but when his Father a former Egyptian international lifter went coach Qatar in 2014 he took him , few months later he broke YWR in Qatar international tournament in men's -77 Kg , but i must admit that he wouldn't have boomed like this if he stayed here  

7 hours ago, Dragon said:

This is not turning out well for the IWF.

Moradi and Didzbalis are #6 and #7 former cheats to win total medals.

in athletics and swimming we also ad former cheaters, people rarely get lifetime ban

IWF has to hope that they are finally clean

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

in athletics and swimming we also ad former cheaters, people rarely get lifetime ban

IWF has to hope that they are finally clean

Just checking here.

Is Alihosseini of Iran in the over 105 kg class the same person who has served 10 years of doping bans?

51 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Just checking here.

Is Alihosseini of Iran in the over 105 kg class the same person who has served 10 years of doping bans?

Yes he is and I think I wrote about him before.

and while I don't say such a thing for any other athlete, he was probably not guilty in both cases.

5th Day Medalists 

• Men's -85 Kg 
  1. :CHI Arley Perez Mendez - 378 kg 
  2. :POL Maciej Krzysztof - 359 kg 
  3. :ITA Antonino Pizzolato - 358 kg 

• Men's -94 Kg
  1. :IRI Sohrab Moradi - 417 Kg 
  2. :LTU Aurimas Didzbalis  - 388 Kg
  3. :IRI Sayedayoub Mousavijirahi - 385 Kg 

• Women's -75 Kg
  1. :ESP Lidia Valentin Perez - 258 Kg 
  2. :ECU Patricia Neisi Barrera  - 240 Kg