website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2017

vinipereira

3 hours ago, thepharoah said:

:ALB Daniel Godelli officially won't participate in men's -77 kg , he's was Albania's biggest medal potential here 

He forgot his steroids and thought "ah, let's just go home"?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

:d no, apparently his application for Visa was refused 

Too bad, we won't miss convicted dopers though :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Finally half of the Iranians (including 5 weightlifters) received their VISA , just yesterday they said they are not hopeful to get visa in time cuz they heard nothign from the Americans.

still both Olympic champions Rostami and Moradi are without visa but apparently they are expected to get it in few days. they had this fear of losing the world championship in past few weeks, I hope it didn't affect their training program. without China and Russia in the competition, Iran is clearly the best men's team in the competition. 6-7 of them will be favorite for medal. actually Rostami and Moradi (if participate) are sure golds unless they bomb out.

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Finally half of the Iranians (including 5 weightlifters) received their VISA , just yesterday they said they are not hopeful to get visa in time cuz they heard nothign from the Americans.

still both Olympic champions Rostami and Moradi are without visa but apparently they are expected to get it in few days. they had this fear of losing the world championship in past few weeks, I hope it didn't affect their training program. without China and Russia in the competition, Iran is clearly the best men's team in the competition. 6-7 of them will be favorite for medal. actually Rostami and Moradi (if participate) are sure golds unless they bomb out.

I hope they all get their visas, these world championships are already lacking in star power, the Iranians are just about the only big team left.

I wouldn't worry too much about form though, as long as Rostami and Moradi can physically make it they should have no problem eating the competition alive xD

Edited by NearPup

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

The excuse the USA make for the refusal to allow Rostani and Godelli into the country is that they do not believe they will return home after the championships :dunno:

like i said before this's peace of shit what USA is doing , for Rostami will he be able to participate or not ?