website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2017

vinipereira

• 2 months later...

The following countries have all been given one year bans for repeated doping in Weightlifting. The ban will include this years world championships, next years Youth Olympics, Asian Games, Junior World Championships and continental championships. The list is:

:RUS Russia 

:KAZ Kazakhstan

:BLR Belarus

:AZE Azerbaijan

:ARM Armenia

:TUR Turkey

:UKR Ukraine

:CHN China

:MDA Moldova

20 minutes ago, uk12points said:

The following countries have all been given one year bans for repeated doping in Weightlifting. The ban will include this years world championships, next years Youth Olympics, Asian Games, Junior World Championships and continental championships. The list is:

:RUS Russia 

:KAZ Kazakhstan

:BLR Belarus

:AZE Azerbaijan

:ARM Armenia

:TUR Turkey

:UKR Ukraine

:CHN China

:MDA Moldova

Such surprising countries, nobody would have thought they'd do anything they're not supposed to be doing. Oh well, I've got a feeling there's still one or two rather notorious countries left who might entertain us with a positive bit of urine here and there in Anaheim :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

In other words, this year's WC is going to be uninteresting.

to me it's the opposite...this year's Worlds will be the highlight of the season...:rofl::roflmao:

finally, we're going to see how this sport should be if only the world was made just by honest people...:lol::whistle:

31 minutes ago, phelps said:

to me it's the opposite...this year's Worlds will be the highlight of the season...:rofl::roflmao:

finally, we're going to see how this sport should be if only the world was made just by honest people...:lol::whistle:

Yes, because only honest people are left, right. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

This is a big news. that was the right decision, I'm glad to not see our country in this list ! we had a bad record in this case but at least in past few years they took it serious. even though advanced doping with higher technology doesn't exist in Iran, so if an Iranian uses something he will get caught soon and not 4 years later ! :d

this will improve our results in the World Champs even though since USA is hosting the event and with the travel ban I'm not sure if we can even participate ! our athletes are already in Dubai for visa things.