website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

5 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Actually spitsov followed better than I expected. For 2/3 of his race klaebo could have followed that pace walking on his hands while spitsov was going all out. I'm actually not sure whether klaebo could have skied spitsov out of his slipstream if he hadn't always gained a few meters on the descent. That said, ofc he would have beaten spitsov in a sprint too 

I'm still waiting for Klaebo to actually turn on the engine, I don't think Spitsov would have stood any kind of chance. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Apparently Sweden had absolutely terrible skis in the classic. I guess it was our turn :(

Sadly it's feeling more and more like these are the Swedish women's Olympics while it's terrible for the men (there are still chances to make it slightly better, but so far most have been disappointing (with Samuelsson as the exception))

Men´s 4x10km Teams Relay

1. Norway :NOR (Didrik Toenseth, Martin Johnsrud Sundby, Sindre Hegstad Krueger, Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo) 1:33:04.9,

2. Olympic Athlete from Russia :WHT (Andrey Larkov, Alexander Bolshunov, Alexey Chervotkin, Denis Spitsov) 1:33:14.3,

3. France :FRA(Jean Marc Gaillard, Maurice Manificat, Clement Parisse, Adrien Backscheider) 1:33:41.8

Full Results HERE

DWTb1stVMAA471_.jpg

vor 3 Stunden schrieb thepharoah:

Norway tops medals table now after this gold medal and doesn't look like they'll give up the lead after the end of the day

You mean that they will stay at the top till the end? Would be the first day that Germany isn't at the top of the medal table. Of course the undeserved gold for Norway in freestyle skiing and the shocking losses of Wellinger and Lölling didn't help ...

Edit: I will look at all the gold medal chances of both countries in a moment, just have to make some coffee first.

Norway has the best chances for gold in 4 x cross-country, biathlon men's relay, ski jumping team, snowboard men's big air (+maybe biathlon mixed relay, alpine skiing men's slalom).

Germany has the best chances for gold in 2 x bob, 2 x nordic combined, biathlon women's relay (+ maybe biathlon mixed relay, women's bob).

Norway is probably the favorite, but who knows? If they really win all 4 remaining golds in cross-country, they will win the medal table, but if they will win only 2 golds there, Germany has a chance.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

20 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I was secretly hoping that the Netherlands would win it. :(

That would mean absolute and complete dominance in the speed skating, even more than now....not good :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!