website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Klaebo :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Klaebo looks a bit like Ivan Drago. :p

Hakola useless in the final... :facepalm:

Yeah I wondered what happened with Hakola all of a sudden. Totally gassed or something? I mean, he's good but it's not like you'd normally put him in the list of 1-2 favourites, so one can imagine that he gave it his all to make it to the final.. @Finnator123 Any chance to help us out? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

"Starts to wonder" ... really? Have you missed the entire season? This kid came out of nowhere to completely dominate overall world cup, it's beyond ridiculous, even for norwegian standards. I think they panicked when Sundby and Johaug got banned, so they experimented with a new guy, which gave us the joy of Klaebo.

Out of nowhere?

Won 3 golds in the juniors back in 2016 and had a bunch of podium places in the 2016/17 World Cup including wins in a sprint and a mass start (leading to winning the overall in the WC final).
Don't get me wrong, i've been having doubts as well, but he did not come out of nowhere!

some people in the Italian staff, a few years ago already said: "take notice of this name: Johannes Klaebo" (when he was still 17/18 y.o.)...

CC insiders have been knowing for a while that he was coming...and coming big way...

sure, the margin with he's winning many races may leave more than a doubt...but surely he's not coming out of nowhere (p.s. I have no doubts....there is no top athlete in any sport that lives with "bread and water"...to me, they are all at the same level...that's why I still enjoy those sports...I don't think there's a great disparity between the bigger Nations, any of them)...

Edited by phelps

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

sure, the margin with he's winning many races may leave more than a doubt...

That's just it. It's not like he does everything like the others and still dominates. His technique is something else, completely different than what the other athletes do.

#banbestmen

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Agger:

Out of nowhere?

Won 3 golds in the juniors back in 2016 and had a bunch of podium places in the 2016/17 World Cup including wins in a sprint and a mass start (leading to winning the overall in the WC final).
Don't get me wrong, i've been having doubts as well, but he did not come out of nowhere!

Name one other male athlete who had such a fast transition to the senior level. I dont even remember a female athlete doing so ...

Golds at junior level don't mean much in cross-country. I can't even count the number of medals Victoria Carl won at junior level, but she is still shit at senior level. Look at Magnus Kim as well, he is lightyears away from doing anything at the senior level, despite being super impressive at junior level, but Klaebo just transitioned from junior to senior level without any delay, it's completely unnormal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb phelps:

some people in the Italian staff, a few years ago already said: "take notice of this name: Johannes Klaebo" (when he was still 17/18 y.o.)...

CC insiders have been knowing for a while that he was coming...and coming big way...

sure, the margin with he's winning many races may leave more than a doubt...but surely he's not coming out of nowhere (p.s. I have no doubts....there is no top athlete in any sport that lives with "bread and water"...to me, they are all at the same level...that's why I still enjoy those sports...I don't think there's a great disparity between the bigger Nations, any of them)...

1) There are many athletes that has been said about and of course when someone becomes olympic champion, everyone claims that he knew it before he was even born ...

2) Your last argument doesn't make sense to me. So you don't think that a nation like Norway (sudden resurgence in speed skating, sudden improvements in distance running (Moen, Ingebrigtsen, Grovdal, Warholm)) or the Netherlands has a special program to be so dominant in events that are 99% about endurance/strength? For me this makes no sense, if one nation has a much better program than the others, it's as unfair as only one nation doping, of course if you leave the moral aspect (if everyone dopes, no one can complain about having an unfair disadvantage, so we should not feel sorry for those who just don't dope good enough) aside.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.