website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

58 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In this case, I doubt it, it's not like the women's 30km in itself is new or something :p 

"

The Organising Committee, POCOG, has a bigger focus on gender equality and has decided the Women’s Curling and Cross Country events will be decided on the final day of competition.

Previously, the Men’s events held sway on the final day of both the Winter and Summer Games."

http://pyeongchang2018.olympics.com.au/news/women-in-prime-time-in-pyeongchang-in-2018

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

"

The Organising Committee, POCOG, has a bigger focus on gender equality and has decided the Women’s Curling and Cross Country events will be decided on the final day of competition.

Previously, the Men’s events held sway on the final day of both the Winter and Summer Games."

http://pyeongchang2018.olympics.com.au/news/women-in-prime-time-in-pyeongchang-in-2018

:rolleyes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Both

Ah damn it, so the men's medal ceremony is one day after the event? When do organizers realize that having a ceremony the day after the event suuuuuuuucks?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, Agger said:

I would agree with you some years ago (when you could make a Lineker-ish quote like: "Cross-country skiing is a simple sport. A bunch of men ski for 50 km and at the end, Northug wins"), but after Johan Olsson started with his daring attacks showing that they could actually create something, I would say that they are really interesting again. Sadly some of the most interesting skiers are either retired (Olsson) or doped (the russians), but I would still not agree.

I still hope the medals left by Legkov and Vyleghzanin will be vacated instead of Sundby getting silver..that would be rather anticlimactic.

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ah damn it, so the men's medal ceremony is one day after the event? When do organizers realize that having a ceremony the day after the event suuuuuuuucks?

It's not all that black and white for me. If anything, athletes can look more sharp the day after. :d

#banbestmen