website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Schedule

a252deca3a.png

50km classic, the king of all XC events :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

52 minutes ago, dcro said:

And it's not on the last day, WTF. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Because more people are interested in seeing a grand total of two or possibly, on a good day, three women fight it out over 30km.

:cry:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

But really, the only XC discipline that I care about these days is the interval start (ok, relays are fine too). Mass starts are so tedious, particulary skiathlons...

I watched 30km interval start race from Lillehammer 1994 recently. That was just awesome. :bowdown:

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

All in the name of gender equality. :sick:

In this case, I doubt it, it's not like the women's 30km in itself is new or something :p 

55 minutes ago, dcro said:

But really, the only XC discipline that I care about these days is the interval start (ok, relays are fine too). Mass starts are so tedious, particulary skiathlons...

If you include the 50k (especially classic) in that, you Sir, are on my infamous "don't take this person seriously about cross-country skiing" list :spank:

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If you include the 50k (especially classic) in that, you Sir, are on my infamous "don't take this person seriously about cross-country skiing" list :spank:

Only if it ever returns to interval start, where there's actually something to follow for the most of the race.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

58 minutes ago, dcro said:

I would agree with you some years ago (when you could make a Lineker-ish quote like: "Cross-country skiing is a simple sport. A bunch of men ski for 50 km and at the end, Northug wins"), but after Johan Olsson started with his daring attacks showing that they could actually create something, I would say that they are really interesting again. Sadly some of the most interesting skiers are either retired (Olsson) or doped (the russians), but I would still not agree.