website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

.Cummins (the South African girl) is the best athlete of the African continent right now. South Africa would be crazy not to accept this quota.

Now, talking about quotas... I don't get it why the official document presented by FIG states that only Edalli is eligible for Italy. If we cross Edalli out of the list for some reason, the first available option would be Morandi! And Morandi has a much bigger chance of getting into a final than Edalli.

Edited by thiago_simoes

56 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Now, talking about quotas... I don't get it why the official document presented by FIG states that only Edalli is eligible for Italy. If we cross Edalli out of the list for some reason, the first available option would be Morandi! And Morandi has a much bigger chance of getting into a final than Edalli.

To be eligible for the quota, Morandi would have to end the competition ahead of the last qualified gymnast, which he didn't manage to do. Therefore the quota goes to Edalli.

Dipa's second vault was great in qualifications as well. I wonder if she can get a medal at the 2017 World Championships. This would be outstanding! She deserves a world medal! Maybe she can attend to the 2017 Universiade... Does anybody know if she is on college?

Edited by thiago_simoes