website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

South Korea hold the last available position for direct qualification, not counting Algeria who will get one of the African spots, and with another two spots will be awarded to teams, Argentina just needing to finish above one of the gymnasts in last rotation

Okay, so the official benchmark for Ellis to target is 49.134..... this should be within her reach! Hoping for a piece of history this evening and to see our first ever representation in women's gymnastics at an Olympic Games. It's not too much to ask, please, please, please let it happen. I'm nervous as if I'm awaiting some impending disaster :d

Good that we qualified as expected, but the score isnt very good. I guess thats what you get when you miss Berger/Janas and when Scheder/Schäfer dont perform at their best. Scheder never got back to her shape from 2015 european games and Schäfer underscored at vault today. Romania got very unlucky, they had to compete without their 2 best athletes Iordache and Jurca. Is Iordache already qualified for Rio?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

South Korea hold the last available position for direct qualification, not counting Algeria who will get one of the African spots, and with another two spots will be awarded to teams, Argentina just needing to finish above one of the gymnasts in last rotation

Actually Argentina is already in. Azerbaijan and Malaysia currently out.

#banbestmen

So, these are the questions for the last subdivision.

Can Belgium qualify a women's team for the first time since 1948?

Can Jamaica make its debut in gymnastics?

Can Iceland and Ireland qualify female gymnasts for the first time ever?

#banbestmen