Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

bestmen

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33    672

Iordache was injures. Romania can lose the olympic quota

dareza    495
1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Iordache was injures. Romania can lose the olympic quota

why?

Gianlu33    672
Just now, dareza said:

why?

Iordache has seriously injured a finger of the hand after an exercise workout at the bar . It is very complicated qualifying speech now

Iordache has broken one of her fingers. Romania is in deep trouble now. I don't think they will be able to qualify a full team at this point. 

dcro    1,987
3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Iordache has broken one of her fingers. Romania is in deep trouble now. I don't think they will be able to qualify a full team at this point. 

Who will be the favourites for the remaining team quotas?

Gianlu33    672
Just now, dcro said:

Australia, belgium, France, Germany, South Korea, Brasil and Switzerland. It's an exiting battle

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Brazil, Germany and France, for sure. Belgium has lost one of their best gymnasts, and Australia will see the return of Lauren Mitchell, so they will fight for the final team quota with Romania. 

It's insane that at this point Romania will depend on Catalina Ponor once again. And she doesn't perform on the worst apparatus for the team, Uneven Bars, so the team will have trouble reaching an acceptable score on this apparatus.

Gianlu33    672
2 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

If Romania get the quota, Iordache can be selected for the Olympics?

Yes. Romanian gymnastic federetion can assign 1 quota

juddy96    138
1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Brazil, Germany and France, for sure. Belgium has lost one of their best gymnasts, and Australia will see the return of Lauren Mitchell, so they will fight for the final team quota with Romania. 

It's insane that at this point Romania will depend on Catalina Ponor once again. And she doesn't perform on the worst apparatus for the team, Uneven Bars, so the team will have trouble reaching an acceptable score on this apparatus.

Any chance for Switzerland with Steingruber? Or rest of the team just not good enough? And I don't know much about Korea's team

1 hour ago, hukbrazil said:

If Romania get the quota, Iordache can be selected for the Olympics?

Now, if Romania doesn't qualify a full team, both Iordache and Ponor will be automatically not eligible for the Olympics. Only gymnasts who perform on all four apparatus in the Test Event can apply for the spot at the Olympics.

I hope and pray Romania gets one of the team quotas. I want to see Iordache and Ponor in Rio! 

Just now, juddy96 said:

Any chance for Switzerland with Steingruber? Or rest of the team just not good enough? And I don't know much about Korea's team

I don't think Switzerland has any chance to qualify a full team. Steingruber is not on her best days, and the other girls are relatively weak. South Korea also has a weak team, and they rely too much on one single gymnast (Yun Narae), which is never a good idea.