website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

One of my friends said that North Korea and Colombia will not send girls to the Test Event. Does this mean that Dipa Karmakar of India could make it to the competition? The definitive registrations have been released, so I'm not sure they would allow any changes now, but that would be AMAZING for India if she could sneak in somehow. Any news about that?

Edited by thiago_simoes

52 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

This article says that Colombia has formally received an invitation for the Test Event, since North Korea gave up their two quotas. This means that India gets the second invitation, I believe. Great news for Dipa!

That's an awesome news for India....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

This article says that Colombia has formally received an invitation for the Test Event, since North Korea gave up their two quotas. This means that India gets the second invitation, I believe. Great news for Dipa!

Wow.. Hope it's true :fingers: 

On 07/03/2016 at 1:55 AM, Prashanth said:

Any fallout in Men's place...India are 1st Reserve there.....

Still no word about it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Besides, depending on which countries qualify a full team through the test event, individuals from the eight lowest ranked countries in the individual all-around competition may not qualify.

On the women's side, things are much easier. In the worst case scenario, individuals from the two lowest ranked countries will not qualify. I don't think Dipa would finish last, or second last. So, I believe she has a HUGE opportunity to qualify if she really makes it to the Test Event.

Edited by thiago_simoes