website statistics

Women's Curling Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Day 12

Wednesday February 21st, 2018 (h. 09:05 GMT+9)

Round-Robin Results #11

South Korea - Olympic Athlete from Russia  11-2

Sweden - China  8-4

Switzerland - Denmark  6-4

Canada - Great Britain  5-6

*South Korea, Sweden and Great Britain officially qualified for the Semifinals

Follow Full Results and Standings HERE

German commentator said that Canada has more active curlers than the rest of the world together. Can't be true right? Otherwise this would be one of the most embarrassing performances in the history of sport. Didn't anyone say before the start of the olympics that the canadian championships are more difficult to win than the olympics ... ?

Thanks to the candian women, they destroyed my prediction ... no i wouldn't mind if their men would also fail to win gold.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

First time a Canadian team (in either gender) won't advance to the medal rounds in the Olympics... the whole country is really disappointed. The game has really moved up in international standard and Canadian teams can't be complacent, lack of communication cost them this embarassment. No excuses

Day 12

Wednesday February 21st, 2018 (h. 09:05 GMT+9)

Round-Robin Results #12

Sweden - United States  9-6

Switzerland - Japan  8-4

Olympic Athlete from Russia - Canada  8-9

South Korea - Denmark  9-3

Follow Full Results and Standings HERE

10 godzin temu, juddy96 napisał:

First time a Canadian team (in either gender) won't advance to the medal rounds in the Olympics... the whole country is really disappointed. The game has really moved up in international standard and Canadian teams can't be complacent, lack of communication cost them this embarassment. No excuses

i don`t know much about curling but curling=Canada in my head

what do you mean by lack of communication - was there a problem in this team? Did they win internal qualifs or someone decided that this team goes to Korea? It`s sth like China not going to team gymnastics final round...

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Just now, Pavlo said:

i don`t know much about curling but curling=Canada in my head

what do you mean by lack of communication - was there a problem in this team? Did they win internal qualifs or someone decided that this team goes to Korea? It`s sth like China not going to team gymnastics final round...

They won Canadian trials (often considered harder than worlds or olympics) but just had a lot of shot calling blunders. In addition to the incident against Denmark when a bunch of people were upset with Homan

If there's one good thing about this, team Homan should be more motivated than ever before to make it back to the Olympics for redemption. And also that Canada has helped grow the game elsewhere, most of the women's teams here have Canadian coaches